• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Playoffs Thread | Semifinal Round 3 | Habs/Knights

I just hope it’s not a downer like 2008 or 2010, where nothing was left in the tank - shouldn’t be neither Leafs or Jets series were that intense or physical
Oh for sure but I figure there aren't many better places on earth to drown your sorrows if they lose.

I dont give Vegas that much credit for their regular season, they also played in a pretty crappy division (minus Colorado). It's not like they were playing in the East division (basically the Metropolitan + the Bruins).

But they are here. These two teams are basically the same team with the key difference being that they are better on the wings, while the Habs have a slight advantage at center.

I dont give Vegas that much credit for their regular season, they also played in a pretty crappy division (minus Colorado). It's not like they were playing in the East division (basically the Metropolitan + the Bruins).

But they are here. These two teams are basically the same team with the key difference being that they are better on the wings, while the Habs have a slight advantage at center.
I like the Knights D better. We don’t have a d-man as good as Theodore or Pietrangelo.

It’s only Friday. Take a few hits, crank some Pink Floyd and keep a family sized bag of Doritos handy.
A little early in the work day for that. I don't think "but LCS told me to" would fly either.

On about 7 cups of coffee already as well.

That’s what I didn’t get with the analysis, the California teams were all lottery poo and inflated Colorado’s and LV’s records.

Pietrangelo is the real deal though. Have to key on him too.
Habs don’t have a D as good as Pietrangelo, or a forward as good as Stone.

IMO it’ll come down to depth for Habs, as usual - Habs century line dominated the opposing 4th line vs Leafs & Jets (especially Thompson’s line), they will need to dominate (and continue scoring) vs Carrier/Reaves line to win the series.

Habs don’t have a D as good as Pietrangelo, or a forward as good as Stone.

IMO it’ll come down to depth for Habs, as usual - Habs century line dominated the opposing 4th line vs Leafs & Jets (especially Thompson’s line), they will need to dominate (and continue scoring) vs Carrier/Reaves line to win the series.
Habs didn't have a Matthews or a Marner or a Scheifele (thanks moron) either. They'll key on Stone, Pacioretty and Pietrangelo.

I just hope it’s not a downer like 2008 or 2010, where nothing was left in the tank - shouldn’t be neither Leafs or Jets series were that intense or physical
2010 sure, we just completed two major upsets I'm emotional 7 games.

2008 no, that was all on Price's struggles.

Habs didn't have a Matthews or a Marner or a Scheifele (thanks moron) either. They'll key on Stone, Pacioretty and Pietrangelo.
The difference Stone is a Selke type, not only offense, none of the previous matchups had an opposing forward who was as dominant two way

The difference Stone is a Selke type, not only offense, none of the previous matchups had an opposing forward who was as dominant two way
Matthews (when he wants). AM can be a generational top 10 all time player but he lacks something,

But I get what you are saying.

Back