• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 STANLEY CUP FINALS! HABS/BOLTS | MONDAY JUNE 28 | 8pm

I think he's 100% serious.

If (assuming the reports are true) you have a contract extension on your office prior the playoffs, when your team doesn't look great, and you're not accepting it?

I believe there's a good chance he's going to ride out his contract for this upcoming season, get someone to transition them into the position (à la Yzerman-Brisebois) before walking away after next season.
Yup - he’s coming back to the US, likely Hawks. Kids live in Chi-town, and besides he left Mtl as an 18-year old for US and essentially grew up in the States for most of last 40-years.

Besides, Hawks is best of all worlds, get paid top end $ for an org that has no issue spending, without hassle of media & fan microscope, and taxes. Best of all the actual GM job is easier to execute because players view Chicago as a desired locale

you can also hedge your bet by putting a small amount on TB that covers your initial stake... it’s the pro move but obviously you can’t consider yourself a Habs fan if you do so
Yeah, if it was a significant amount of money I'd definitely do that. I only put down $10... So I'll just let it ride for $140.

I also put $20 on the Habs to beat Vegas and won $80.

And $10 on the Bears to win the SB at 60-1.

Reactions: CH1
Yeah, if it was a significant amount of money I'd definitely do that. I only put down $10... So I'll just let it ride for $140.

I also put $20 on the Habs to beat Vegas and won $80.

And $10 on the Bears to win the SB at 60-1.
Did you cash it online?

My take: he’s not going anywhere. He slipped that line in to get a better offer from Geoff. I’m sure he wants a five year deal, not the three reportedly on the table. His current squeeze is a pure woolie. Not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Yup - he’s coming back to the US, likely Hawks. Kids live in Chi-town, and besides he left Mtl as an 18-year old for US and essentially grew up in the States for most of last 40-years.

Besides, Hawks is best of all worlds, get paid top end $ for an org that has no issue spending, without hassle of media & fan microscope, and taxes. Best of all the actual GM job is easier to execute because players view Chicago as a desired locale
Perhaps he's smart enough to know that he will never get this close ever again so there's no reason for him to stay. Leave before you are inevitably fired.

It's the world's greatest PP vs the world's greatest PK. The 5v5 metrics when they come out will be pretty close, maybe even in the Habs favor.

Back