• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 STANLEY CUP FINALS! HABS/BOLTS | MONDAY JUNE 28 | 8pm

What bubble? You bought that BS?
Then Canadian teams gotta start doing like the US Olympics medical staff….there’s no reason DD can’t drive to Plattsburgh and take a flight to Tampa from there.

They should’ve even left him in Vegas/US when he was tested positive. Habs trying too hard to please Quebec/Canadian government for appearances. This is the freaking Finals….there’s a crowd of 40,000 people without masks outside the Bell Center, but our coach cannot drive down to Tampa ?

That's because it is pretty much is . . . if you're fully vaccinated. Nothing will happen to you even if you get infected. I haven't worn a mask in weeks and have no intention of doing so unless required to, which is pretty much only on planes at this point. Any remaining Covid restrictions in Pennsylvania end at midnight. Back to normal here.
I see the relaxing of restrictions in the US as a calculated move to motivate vaccine usage, instead of a definitive statement the pandemic is over and variants are nothing to worry about (even among those vaccinated). It could blow up if not enough people get that 2nd shot. As long as the virus is circulating around (largely enabled by unvaccinated people), there's a risk of mutations occurring like the delta variant. Short term, there's probably nothing to worry about, but longer term who knows (booster shots might be a regular thing).

That said, at this point some people are just lost causes, I just don't bother with people anymore who are taking this lightly either.

I see the relaxing of restrictions in the US as a calculated move to motivate vaccine usage, instead of a definitive statement the pandemic is over and variants are nothing to worry about (even among those vaccinated). It could blow up if not enough people get that 2nd shot. As long as the virus is circulating around (largely enabled by unvaccinated people), there's a risk of mutations occurring like the delta variant. Short term, there's probably nothing to worry about, but longer term who knows (booster shots might be a regular thing).

That said, at this point some people are just lost causes, I just don't bother with people anymore who are taking this lightly either.
Yup - gave up a long time ago, just not worth the hassle.

Speaking of Armia, if he already had Covid, isn't he prone to false positives for a few months afterwards? I'm not sure how these protocols account for that. I remember being tested once, and the nurse telling me (if I were to test positive) to just stay at home for 10 days and not come in for testing afterwards (thankfully I tested negative). I also remember a friend of mine testing positive, recovering, getting vaccinated, testing positive again afterwards, then me laughing at him.

Then Canadian teams gotta start doing like the US Olympics medical staff….there’s no reason DD can’t drive to Plattsburgh and take a flight to Tampa from there.

They should’ve even left him in Vegas/US when he was tested positive. Habs trying too hard to please Quebec/Canadian government for appearances. This is the freaking Finals….there’s a crowd of 40,000 people without masks outside the Bell Center, but our coach cannot drive down to Tampa ?

A joke

I got 14-1 before game 1 of the Vegas series.

Also, how do we "cash" our winners?

you can also hedge your bet by putting a small amount on TB that covers your initial stake... it’s the pro move but obviously you can’t consider yourself a Habs fan if you do so

I think he's 100% serious.

If (assuming the reports are true) you have a contract extension on your office prior the playoffs, when your team doesn't look great, and you're not accepting it?

I believe there's a good chance he's going to ride out his contract for this upcoming season, get someone to transition them into the position (à la Yzerman-Brisebois) before walking away after next season.

Back