• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 STANLEY CUP FINALS! HABS/BOLTS | MONDAY JUNE 28 | 8pm

So how is it that Weber-Chiarot were soooooooo slow in the regular season, got beat often....but all of a sudden they can contain speedy forwards like Matthews-Marner-Max-Stone-Karlsson-Elhers-Connor

So how is it that Weber-Chiarot were soooooooo slow in the regular season, got beat often....but all of a sudden they can contain speedy forwards like Matthews-Marner-Max-Stone-Karlsson-Elhers-Connor
Simple: during NHL playoff hockey, intensity picks up organically reducing time & space for all players, and cross checks are not penalized to anywhere near the same degree they are during regular season, which makes opposing players think twice before going to battle for loose pucks & enables them to box out opposing players from Price’s crease. Weber & Chiarot specialize in the cross check

Mike Weaver & Justin Williams both made the same comment last week when asked about the Habs success last week by different media types. Look at Gallagher’s face vs Marner’s face as the playoffs progressed during their series. Gallagher looks like a warrior w blood & scars, Marner looked like he didn’t break a sweat. I was surprised to hear that from Williams...but there’s truth to the statement

Simple: during NHL playoff hockey, intensity picks up organically reducing time & space for all players, and cross checks are not penalized to anywhere near the same degree they are during regular season, which makes opposing players think twice before going to battle for loose pucks & enables them to box out opposing players from Price’s crease. Weber & Chiarot specialize in the cross check

Mike Weaver & Justin Williams both made the same comment last week when asked about the Habs success last week by different media types. Look at Gallagher’s face vs Marner’s face as the playoffs progressed during their series. Gallagher looks like a warrior w blood & scars, Marner looked like he didn’t break a sweat. I was surprised to hear that from Williams...but there’s truth to the statement
I think they just amped up the team defense concept, so even if those slow pokes are caught flat footed, they have back-up.

I laughed way too hard at that.

I mean, what an ass. And he does it so casually, too.

That’s poetry. If some caveman like Lucic tried it he’s probably grunt/whistle and cause a dislocated shoulder.

Perry is a sly shit artist.

Back