• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 STANLEY CUP FINALS! HABS/BOLTS | MONDAY JUNE 28 | 8pm

This is the proverbial offense versus defense finals.

I dunno know about that narrative — tonight was a shot blocking shutout clinic by Tampa. Bolts have multiple shutouts these playoffs and Vasil has put a .936 save%.

Tampa is a complete two way team with the best PP in the post season and the second best PK (after the Habs)

I dunno know about that narrative — tonight was a shot blocking clinic shutout by Tampa. Bolts have multiple shutouts these playoffs and Vasil has put a .936 save%.

Tampa is a complete two way team with the best PP in the post season and the second best PK (after the Habs)
They’ll try to flex against the Habs. They won’t be able to help it.

So Danault has to play out of his skull. But that still leaves one big line and Hedman. Thoughts? Can Kotkaniemi handle this?

Aside: I think Suzuki’s line has been better than all their match ups in the post season. Wondering how Aho, etc. did against Tampa.

Habs 4th line has dominated vs opposition in previous 3-series, won’t be as easy vs TBay w Johnson’s speed quotient. Evans will be needed.

Can Danault line effectively shutdown Point-Kucherov as they did big guns in previous series.

Those will be the two key elements for Habs to win IMO

So Danault has to play out of his skull. But that still leaves one big line and Hedman. Thoughts? Can Kotkaniemi handle this?

Aside: I think Suzuki’s line has been better than all their match ups in the post season. Wondering how Aho, etc. did against Tampa.

Every centre on the Habs will need to play out of their skull — Tampa can roll 4 lines better than anyone

Habs 4th line has dominated vs opposition in previous 3-series, won’t be as easy vs TBay w Johnson’s speed quotient. Evans will be needed.

Can Danault line effectively shutdown Point-Kucherov as they did big guns in previous series.

Those will be the two key elements for Habs to win IMO

Was thinking they’ll need to use him.

Honestly, Danault has been lights out all year. He’s shut everyone down.

I think Suzuki is key... if he steps up..

Was thinking they’ll need to use him.

Honestly, Danault has been lights out all year. He’s shut everyone down.

I think Suzuki is key... if he steps up..
For the Habs to win, this will need to be a coming out series for both Suzuki & KK IMO - both will need to elevate their 200-ft game.

I also wonder who the TBay target will be, it was Sandin for Leafs series, the entire Jets D group, and VGK C group by bottling up neutral zone, forcing W to attack from the outside

Sergachev could be the leaky faucet on TBay - he’s prone to low IQ DZone plays when forced. Will be interesting to see Dom Dom’s game plan

NYI almost took them out. Habs do it better. It won’t be easy but I like our chances.

We are not in the finals for nothing. Did some great job till now. This team really gives it all and proves what is possible if you work together as a team. I love our chances as I feel really well about the team performance till now.

I dunno know about that narrative — tonight was a shot blocking shutout clinic by Tampa. Bolts have multiple shutouts these playoffs and Vasil has put a .936 save%.

Yep, pretty much anything the Habs can do , the Bolts can do equally well or better. So logically the Bolts should win, but this is the year of the improbable for the Habs.

Back