• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Interesting...he's coming off a one-year deal at only $1.4 million. Put up 9 goals, 19 assists in 69 regular season games and one assist in five playoff games this past season.
They tried to give him a line and let him cook this year and he never really seemed to pop whenever I watched them. They've got a lot of similar guys, so somebody's gotta go eventually.

Winnipeg is buying out Blake Wheeler. He has 1 year left at $8.25 million.

I’m sure Kyle Davidson is already on the phone to his agent.
Wheeler slowed down a bit this season and really chafed with a more limited role ... down to 17 minutes a game after being the first or second name on the lineup for years and years. He and Bowness straight up hated each other by the end of the season. If his head is in the right place, he's worth a shot ... with the caveat that he's NEVER going to do any work in the D zone, like ever.

Devils didn’t qualify Jesper Boqvist or Nathan Bastian. Had the Canes not re-signed Fast, Bogvist would have been a nice addition to the 3rd line.

I get a kick out of The Athletic declaring Matt Duchene as suddenly the head of the UFA class now! That speaks volumes of the quality of this cast of characters this time around.

Jackets sign Adam Fantilli to his entry level contract. That didn’t take long. And they named Mike Babcock head coach.

I get a kick out of The Athletic declaring Matt Duchene as suddenly the head of the UFA class now! That speaks volumes of the quality of this cast of characters this time around.
Yeah, it's a pretty terrible UFA list. Duchene absolutely is the best offense-driver on the list, but the fact of it is that once you get past him, Tarasenko and Wheeler there's basically no real first line players at all. And those two are past their primes. There's a lot of role player quality though ... and tons of old guys

Jackets sign Adam Fantilli to his entry level contract. That didn’t take long. And they named Mike Babcock head coach.
Sucks for Fantilli. Babcock is still an egomaniac so far out of touch with todays players. He won't last long. The abuse accusations aren't going away.

Sucks for Fantilli. Babcock is still an egomaniac so far out of touch with todays players. He won't last long. The abuse accusations aren't going away.
Not sure what kind of contract Babs conned them out of though. He's not an idiot so I'd guess it'll be structured so that it's quite expensive to terminate for anything other than a very specific set of causes.

Also, at 18 without a single NHL game under is belt, Fantilli is already the best center on their roster. By a fairly wide margin

Sens sign Korpisalo ... 5 years by $4mil

NYR signs Blake Wheeler (1 x $800K with incentives) and Jonathan Quick (1 x $825K) ... they still love themselves an old dude.

Boston signs JVR (1 x $1 mil) ... speaking of old dudes

Nashville signs Ryan O'Reilly (4 x $.5) ... good deal for the first two years, crapshoot after that

Oh, and Toronto signed Ryan Reeves for whatever reason. Oh yeah, Brad Treliving. Nice.

NHL radio said the same thing.

Duchene is an ego case and he’d never buy into a RBA two-way, high pressure, fast skating team— much less does he even have the heart to try??

Bruins shopping the value aisles…Lurch Lucic to the Bruins too. If they lose Bergeron and Krejci they better save a little money for another center.
They literally have to due to cap concerns. Geekie's pretty good value for money. Lurch? Not even close.

Back