• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Jonathan Drouin joins Halifax Mooseheads teammate Nathan MacKinnon in Colorado, 1 year/$825k

Evan Rodrigues to the Panthers, 4 years/$12 million. Per CapFriendly, it’s $3 million per year but the salary each year is the NHL minimum, the rest is signing bonus. He was on a 1 year/$2 million contract with Colorado.

Jerk Johnson re-signed with the Avs, 1 year, $775k

JT Compher signed with Detroit, 5 years, $5.1 million AAV. He, Andrew Copp and Dylan Larkin overlapped at Michigan.

Detroit replaced Ned with another former Cane, Alex Lyon, 1 year, $900k

Isles sign Ilya Sorokin to a 8 year extension with a $8.25 million AAV. He’s headed into the last year of a 3 year/$12 million contract. He’ll be 36 when the contract expires.
That's the only thing Lou did yesterday that made any sense. Otherwise he just kept signing depth guys to longer and longer deals. I guess his son isn't going to be their next GM after all, because Lou clearly HATES whoever has to clean up this mess in a couple of years.

Bertuzzi to the Leafs, 1 year, $5.5 million
I wondered if that wasn't coming at some point. He should work pretty well as a possession, grind it out and clean it up guy on one of those top two lines. Not that different than what Bunting was doing for them, really.

I wondered if that wasn't coming at some point. He should work pretty well as a possession, grind it out and clean it up guy on one of those top two lines. Not that different than what Bunting was doing for them, really.
His agent said there were options for longer term but none with that AAV.

The Leafs had Hyman, then Bunting now Bertuzzi playing that same kinda role in their top six! Bunting contract seems just about right for what he brings.

Tampa trades Pat Maroon and minor league forward Max Cajkovic to the Wild for a 2024 7th round pick. Tampa retains 20% of Maroon‘s cap hit, so it costs the Wild $800k

Max Domi signs with the Leafs, 1 year, $3 million, the same as the contract he signed with the Blackhawks last summer.

Missed this one earlier. The Leafs signed Ryan Reaves, 3 years, $1.35 million AAV. 3 years? He’s going to be 37 in January.

Riley Nash lives! After playing for the Checkers last year on a AHL contract, the Rangers signed him to a 2 year, $1.55 million contract. He gets the league minimum both years, but his AHL salary in year 1 is the same as his NHL salary. In year 2, his AHL salary is $400k with a $425k guarantee.

Rangers also signed Nick Bonino 1 year, $800k.

His agent said there were options for longer term but none with that AAV.
You can pick a lot worse spot to audition for a big check than third wheel to a pair of elite offensive forwards in the media capital of hockey.

Back