• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Yeah but on the third pair we could us someone whos a bit mean. Not guys like ghost. I hope the can get someone who can tackle and be a real pain to play against.

Yeah but on the third pair we could us someone whos a bit mean. Not guys like ghost. I hope the can get someone who can tackle and be a real pain to play against.
Fine, but you're gonna be disappointed. They've tried it in the past and it never sticks (Haakenpaa, Cole, Edmondson). What works here is guys with enough size not to get knocked around who can skate and pressure the puck. Ghost is gone and was a short term solution to a short term problem.

I'm not gonna argue with you JB but you can still be all that and be a bit mean at the same time. I don't know who out the can be had though.

I'm not gonna argue with you JB but you can still be all that and be a bit mean at the same time.
Not if your name is Radko Goudas. And you're not arguing with me ... you're arguing against the Canes personnel dept's obvious preferences.

Gus Nyquist 2 years/$3.185 million to Nashville. That’s pretty good for the Red Wings version of Nyquist. For the current version? Yikes!

Killorn got $6.25 x 4 from the Ducks, lots of mileage on that dude so a great get for him!
I'm not so sure about the tread life on that set of tires, honestly. Killorn has played almost 950 NHL games, and takes a beating. Still, good guy to add to the mix with all those young guys in Anaheim. Good luck with those last two years, Duckies.

LeBrun says Duchene to Dallas 1 year, $3 million
Excellent fit, great contract for both parties. Duchene doubly motivated by an expiring deal and a rising cap next summer? Look out. He might actually play hard for 82 games.

I'm not so sure about the tread life on that set of tires, honestly. Killorn has played almost 950 NHL games, and takes a beating. Still, good guy to add to the mix with all those young guys in Anaheim. Good luck with those last two years, Duckies.
Killorn also apparently has played more playoff games in the league than anyone else in the last five years.

Killorn also apparently has played more playoff games in the league than anyone else in the last five years.
Like 140 or so ... amazing. And it basically adds 2 full seasons to his odometer. I included playoff games in that total number, BTW.

Isles sign Ilya Sorokin to a 8 year extension with a $8.25 million AAV. He’s headed into the last year of a 3 year/$12 million contract. He’ll be 36 when the contract expires.

Back