• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Muzzin will likely never play hockey again. Murray is either bought out or too injured to buy out according to Friedman.
Yeah, if they LTIR both of those guys, then that gets the Leafs under the cap with the current roster. Problem being, the current roster doesn't include Samsonov or anybody else to play goal other than Woll. Presuming they want/need Samsonov on the roster, that arbitration award might end up triggering some cap trimming. But yeah, anybody who just pulls up CapFriendly a sees them $8 mil over ... that's not real. So, I'd call it somewhere between "fine" and "Rome is burning" ... with a lean towards the former.

Caveat ... around $2 million over if they LTIR Muzzin and Murray. Muzzin will be LTIRed for sure. Murray, we'll see. A problem, sure. But not a $12 million problem.
And Samsonov’s number was closer to the Leafs than his. So if they had a plan to deal with him at their $2.4 million offer, it’s only $950k more to deal with.

Per Capfriendly, they're $6.7M over even with the LTIR candidates. It's not insurmountable but it's not nothing.

Per Capfriendly, they're $6.7M over even with the LTIR candidates. It's not insurmountable but it's not nothing.
They only list Muzzin as LTIR-able ... Murray may be as well, as per my previous post. Either way, considering Muzzin as already LTIR-ed keeps them under the allowable cap overage. I'm not saying that don't have work to do, just that a lot of people who ought to know better are acting like Muzzin is going to play and count against the cap. He's not and won't, at least not at the start of the season. "Oooo look how much trouble the Leafs are in" seems to have grown legs and started walking around the internet on his own this summer.

They are still counting Murray and Muzzin in that number.

(They have a plan for both those guys, that's why we're just barely over)
Did Murray pass his physical? What do you think Treliving has up his sleeve for Murray moving forward? A trip to Robidas Island perhaps?

It was previously speculated he might be bought out and then Friedman recently reported there were injury issues preventing that.

If that's the case, waiving/trading guys like Lafferty/Timmins would get us under.

Panthers re-sign Eetu Luostarinen, 3 years, $3 million AAV. He’s all they have left from the Trocheck trade.

Back