• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Maybe it's time for the Bruins to retire him, forcibly. If a coach or player said things like that, he'd be gone after like Frankenstein's monster.

Maybe it's time for the Bruins to retire him, forcibly. If a coach or player said things like that, he'd be gone after like Frankenstein's monster.
The organization still seems to value him, but even their own fans are less convinced the last couple of years. The Athletic does an end of the season survey that includes the broadcast teams and Bruins fans don't even think he's that great. The presumption is that those big whiny baby Bruins fans need a homer, but maybe not as much as you'd think.

Yeah, it was Bruins fans I saw talking about how drunk he seems to be in the last few years. I don't listen enough to know, but I've always hated the guy. He's horrible.

Martinook wasn’t the only guy with a hat trick last night. Jason Robertson had one too, to take over the league lead in goals, with 22. The 4 year/$31 million deal he signed just before the season started may turn out to be as big a bargain as Svech’s contract, just 4 years shorter.

The Senators and RFA Alex Formenton did not reach an agreement by 5 pm yesterday, so he can’t play in the league this year. In 2019-20, both Jesse Puljujarvi and Julius Honka were in the same situation and they played the rest of that season in Finland. Expect the same from Formenton.

Martinook wasn’t the only guy with a hat trick last night. Jason Robertson had one too, to take over the league lead in goals, with 22. The 4 year/$31 million deal he signed just before the season started may turn out to be as big a bargain as Svech’s contract, just 4 years shorter.
Bet Dallas wishes they had gone the max term. That next deal is gonna be huge, because that kid has the look of the real deal

The Senators and RFA Alex Formenton did not reach an agreement by 5 pm yesterday, so he can’t play in the league this year. In 2019-20, both Jesse Puljujarvi and Julius Honka were in the same situation and they played the rest of that season in Finland. Expect the same from Formenton.
I wonder if the Sens are waiting on the results of the Hockey Canada sexual assault investigation to see if Formenton is named in it. Formenton's agent can't be asking for too much money as he isn't exactly setting the hockey world on fire or anything.

I wonder if the Sens are waiting on the results of the Hockey Canada sexual assault investigation to see if Formenton is named in it. Formenton's agent can't be asking for too much money as he isn't exactly setting the hockey world on fire or anything.
That has occurred to me as well.

Buffalo beating Columbus tonight... 6-0 AFTER JUST THE FIRST PERIOD!

Tage Thompson had 4 goals and 1 assist in the first period alone.

Buffalo beating Columbus tonight... 6-0 AFTER JUST THE FIRST PERIOD!

Tage Thompson had 4 goals and 1 assist in the first period alone.
Sean Kuraly had 4 penalties in the first period alone. A double minor at 10:09, Thompson got his 3rd on the back half of that one. He went back in at 14:54, he came out when Thompson got his 4th at 16:40. Kuraly started the shift after the goal and went back in 33 seconds later at 17:13.

Thompson finished with 5 goals and an assist. And Granato kept pulling picks out of his pockets. Kuraly picked up a 10 minute misconduct in the 3rd period to go with his 4 minors. Not a good night for him.

Probably fetch a nice sum for charity if they auction off all 5 of those pucks as a single unit. Quite a night for Tage 'UCONN' Thompson!

Probably fetch a nice sum for charity if they auction off all 5 of those pucks as a single unit. Quite a night for Tage 'UCONN' Thompson!
The internet was awash in people re-quoting bad old takes regarding Thompson. I forgot just now down on that guy most of the hockey community was. Late bloomers sure can make fools of people with no patience.

Eetu Makiniemi picked up his first NHL win tonight. In 2 NHL appearances so far he is 1-0-1 with a 2.13 GAA and a .906 Sv%.

Eetu Makiniemi picked up his first NHL win tonight. In 2 NHL appearances so far he is 1-0-1 with a 2.13 GAA and a .906 Sv%.
Good for him. This would have been an interesting year in Chicago, Makiniemi and Koochie in a season-long death match to be the heir apparent here.

Back