• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Nope…the Caps are on the same release schedule as we are...both teams dropped their logos on the same day. My guess is that you saw gear from previous Caps appearances in outdoor games.
It was the correct logo and had a Stadium Series 2023 logo as well. I saw what I saw. In retrospect, where it came from, who knows? I assumed they had merch available but for all I know that was somebody who got their hands on something early.

Last edited:
Stars sign Joe Pavelski to a 1 year extension at $3.5 million base with $2 million in performance bonuses. He’ll be 39 at the start of the season but he’s been a point per game player for the last 2 seasons and this one.

Stars sign Joe Pavelski to a 1 year extension at $3.5 million base with $2 million in performance bonuses. He’ll be 39 at the start of the season but he’s been a point per game player for the last 2 seasons and this one.
He's gonna hit the wall eventually, but if anything Pavelski has been better the last two seasons than he was the prior two.

Blues announce that Ryan O’Reilly has a broken foot and is out a minimum of 6 weeks and Vladimir Tarasenko has a hand injury and is out for 4 weeks. I’ve seen the Canes linked to both as possible deadline acquisitions.

Blues announce that Ryan O’Reilly has a broken foot and is out a minimum of 6 weeks and Vladimir Tarasenko has a hand injury and is out for 4 weeks. I’ve seen the Canes linked to both as possible deadline acquisitions.

Bo Horvat's trade deadline price just increased dramatically.

Bo Horvat's trade deadline price just increased dramatically.
No kidding. And the Blues frustrating season just got even more frustrating. No way they're climbing back into the race without their best finisher and their engine room guy, and no way they max out the deadline without those same two guys being fully healthy in the shop window.

The trade deadline is March 3. Tarasenko “should” be back by then but O’Reilly won’t even be re-assessed until mid-February. The Blues are off for most of the first 2 weeks of February, so the earliest he'd be back is 2/11. If it goes much beyond that, he won’t have many games to show his stuff. Let’s say it’s another week past that, they have 6 games after 2/18, including at the Canes on 2/21, to show something, but teams won’t be relying on him to drive a scoring line, so the hand shouldn’t be that big an issue. It will drive down the return though. Both are in the last year of their contracts and carry a $7.5 million cap hit, but O’Reilly only has a $1 million actual, he got a $5 million signing bonus. Tarasenko has a full NTC and a $5.5 million actual.

It was the correct logo and had a Stadium Series 2023 logo as well. I saw what I saw. In retrospect, where it came from, who knows? I assumed they had merch available but for all I know that was somebody who got their hands on something early.
Is it reasonable to expect the league is awaiting the conclusion of today’s Winter Classic game before releasing the two official Stadium Series jerseys and sales information on them? It just seems late when you could have sold a bunch of those over the Holidays in time for Christmas.

Stupid Finland. They were up late in the game and gave up a goal for the tie. They then get a super late power play and with only about a minute left in the game, they give up a shorty. /sigh

Stupid Finland. They were up late in the game and gave up a goal for the tie. They then get a super late power play and with only about a minute left in the game, they give up a shorty. /sigh
Alexei Heimosalmi was voted one of the best 3 players in the tournament by his teammates.

Wish I knew that before we recorded the podcast today.. lol

Is it reasonable to expect the league is awaiting the conclusion of today’s Winter Classic game before releasing the two official Stadium Series jerseys and sales information on them? It just seems late when you could have sold a bunch of those over the Holidays in time for Christmas.
Reasonable? Yes. Also dumb. It can legit be both of those things.

Having not played since December 8, and sporting a jaunty 4.09/.880 stat line, the Wings sent Ned to Grand Rapids on a conditioning assignment. There are 81 goalies listed in the NHL stats. Ned is 75th in save % and 78th in GAA. In both categories, the guy one spot lower than him? Petr Mrazek.

Rangers sign Jimmy Vesey to a 2 year extension at $800k AAV. He’s at $750k this year.

The upside for Detroit is that they can walk away from Ned after this season. That 2 year bridge deal will end up costing them $6 million in total, but that's all. At least they didn't get suckered into a longer term deal.

Back