• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

With the pending collapse of the regional sports networks, will the cap really increase at all?
In all probability, no. It's not like they won't replace those networks with something, but re-building that stuff in a lot of markets is going to be tough sledding.

What is the percentage of yearly revenue does the money from Bally Sports represent for the Hurricanes? A big piece of the revenue pie or Stormy's salary?

Interesting decision with Jon Cooper and the Lightning today…he benched his entire top line of Stamkos, Point and Kucherov in the third period. Safe to say those three will be awake and ready tomorrow vs the Canes.

What is the percentage of yearly revenue does the money from Bally Sports represent for the Hurricanes? A big piece of the revenue pie or Stormy's salary?
I've never seen a competent report from anyone I'd trust. Best guess, it's a lot more than Stormy's salary.

Rangers post deadline juggernaut continues with 4-2 loss to Bruins.
Also 4-5-1 in their last 10. But they’re the 2nd best team in the East and will cakewalk to the Metro title.

They're 9 points behind the Canes with 3 more games played.

Sharks coach David Quinn is going to have to open up his wallet, he was just ejected from their game against the Caps.

I find it quite amusing that some NHL writer on Twitter says he has insider info that Atlanta is getting an NHL franchise. That's guy is a high as giraffe's ass. I'll bet my life on that never happening in my lifetime.

I find it quite amusing that some NHL writer on Twitter says he has insider info that Atlanta is getting an NHL franchise. That's guy is a high as giraffe's ass. I'll bet my life on that never happening in my lifetime.
Be careful. It’s not just some nhl writer. It’s been widely discussed since last year. The league is not opposed and they have a strong potential ownership group. It would be an expansion team, not a relocation. It’s no guarantee but the interest from both sides is far enough along that I wouldn’t bet my life on it not happening

Be careful. It’s not just some nhl writer. It’s been widely discussed since last year. The league is not opposed and they have a strong potential ownership group. It would be an expansion team, not a relocation. It’s no guarantee but the interest from both sides is far enough along that I wouldn’t bet my life on it not happening
Still a lousy pro sports town.

Yeah, the Atlanta United draw incredibly well. I think they're average attendance is something close to 50k a game.

Supposedly, New Era is interested in becoming the new NHL jersey supplier. I can’t find any of the “multiple reports” though.

The fact that it actually might happen makes a potential 3rd Atlanta franchise even funnier.

The fact that it actually might happen makes a potential 3rd Atlanta franchise even funnier.
They'd have to build a new barn in the suburbs. They’ve already shown that it can’t survive downtown. And who is going to commit to building an arena without a tenant?

Atlanta Triangles
Atlanta Trinity
Atlanta Threesomes
Atlanta Charms
Atlanta Triceratops
Atlanta Tricycles
Atlanta Hockey Club III
Atlanta Treys
Atlanta Three Time Losers

They'd have to build a new barn in the suburbs. They’ve already shown that it can’t survive downtown. And who is going to commit to building an arena without a tenant?
They already have an arena in Gwinnett. It only seats 13,000 and change, but that's more than double the size of Mullett ... which I understand is a perfectly acceptable NHL arena.

That's sarcasm for anyone still getting a slow start to the work week.

Back