• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Don’t see us going in for 2.75 million for 2 more years.
I dunno. Brock is worth that, but I'd think that would be more of a summer move for Carolina. It's only 750K more than Fast makes and they do basically the same thing. Fast is out of contract this summer, FWIW

Seravalli says for a conditional 2023 2nd rounder that can become a 1st and a 4th rounder. Also a 3rd team is involved, probably retaining 25% of Kanes’ cap with Chicago keeping half.
The Rangers don't even have a 4th rounder until 25. That's one heck of a condition.

I wouldn't have a problem if they made spitting in a guy's face an automatic 5 game suspension. That's a thing that never needs to happen. Like, ever.
A lot of defenders are saying it didn't happen or it was an accident. I haven't seen the video, but I'm surprised someone didn't make him spit Chiclets afterwards. That's some low class crap right there.

A lot of defenders are saying it didn't happen or it was an accident. I haven't seen the video, but I'm surprised someone didn't make him spit Chiclets afterwards. That's some low class crap right there.
Five game automatic suspension sounds more in line for that kind of nonsense.

I saw the video ... it was 100% obvious. Anybody saying it didn't happen is full of crap, and it was about as accidental as Corey Perry knocking over a goaltender.

In the midst of the trading frenzy, there were a couple of contract extensions yesterday. The Caps extended dman Nick Jensen, 3 years/$12.15 million. The Wings extended dman Jake Wallman, 3 years/$10.2 million.

In the midst of the trading frenzy, there were a couple of contract extensions yesterday. The Caps extended dman Nick Jensen, 3 years/$12.15 million. The Wings extended dman Jake Wallman, 3 years/$10.2 million.
Jensen is now under contract through his age 35 season. Solid player, reasonable contract ... but once again assuming that a player will continue to carry their current level play into their mid-30s.

He'll only be 27 this year and he's a hometown boy. A bit pricey, but it's good PR for the team.

Aho is going to be looking for $9.5+ million AAV x8 and will have comparables justifying the ask.
giphy.gif

Back