• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Skyler Brind’Amour signed a PTO with the Checkers. I thought he had to wait 30 days after the end of his eligibility?

It's just a PTO, not an NHL contract. As long as it's not an NHL deal he's ok.

Doesn't he have classes to finish up?

Leafs forward Michael Bunting has a hearing at 3 today for the match penalty for a check to the head. Cernak did not return to the game.

Yep. It wasn't just a sloppy hit to the shoulders gone accidentally too high (though, that should still call for a suspension since a head was hit), but this was deliberate

All those dumbfounded looks from Keefe and Bunting like that shouldn't have been a match penalty. Not to worry, the Department of Player Safety will break it all down and explain it frame by frame for you.

That to me is a 2-4 game suspension. I don't think Bunting really intentionally targeted Chernak's head, he was just trying to bump him and got his elbow up. Using playoff suspension math that is 1-2 games for Bunting.

Meanwhile the Leafs approach might be a smart one. if you are going to lose the game, injure as many Tampa Dmen as possible, legally or illegally, to increase your odds of winning future games. Replacing Hedman and Chernak with Bogosian and Fleury? Yeah, that isn't good for Tampa.

I’d guess Tampa won’t go down quietly if the injuries result in a close series. They’ve got plenty of guys perfectly willing to goon it up and end the playoffs for a few leaves in return.

How come the NHL will not address how bad the officiating really is??? That was their poster boy "Top Ref" Wes McCauley out there no less...great look!
It was McCauley that made the call on Bunting from the neutral zone. Freddie L’Ecuyer was below the goal line, closest to the play.

The TO fans are going berserk on Twitter, over a perceived conflict of interest regarding McCauley. It’s way to convoluted to follow.

Back