• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

The announcing crew on this TBS broadcast of the Minny/Dallas game is pretty dang good. They actually let the play by play guy follow the game, which is he does quite well.

The play by play guy is Randy Hahn. He and Hedican are the Sharks broadcast team.
One of the better RSN broadcast teams right there. Not sure if Hedican is working a full schedule for the Sharks because he wasn't willing to travel enough to do the full season in the past, but he's been a good color guy for a long time and he and Hahn have such a conversational rhythm.

Edmonton pulls out an OT victory to avoid a 3-1 hole. They swapped in Jack Campbell and he hung on well enough, but can you win 2 out of 3 with Jack Campbell in goal?

Edmonton pulls out an OT victory to avoid a 3-1 hole. They swapped in Jack Campbell and he hung on well enough, but can you win 2 out of 3 with Jack Campbell in goal?
I mean ... maybe? Who's ever been able to know for sure which version of Jack Campbell is gonna walk through the door on any given day? If that guy finds even a sliver of self confidence, he can turn into a serious hot streak ... but he just hasn't ever looked likely to do that since he got to Edmonton.

I mean ... maybe? Who's ever been able to know for sure which version of Jack Campbell is gonna walk through the door on any given day? If that guy finds even a sliver of self confidence, he can turn into a serious hot streak ... but he just hasn't ever looked likely to do that since he got to Edmonton.
With the ridiculous fire power Edmonton has, they should win with me in goal. Unbelievable how they have underachieved with the likes of Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins etc… and of course Foegele 😀. If the canes had just one of those guys on the roster…..👀

With the ridiculous fire power Edmonton has, they should win with me in goal. Unbelievable how they have underachieved with the likes of Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins etc… and of course Foegele 😀. If the canes had just one of those guys on the roster…..👀
Well, as the Gretzky Oilers proved ... even the most offensively gifted teams need somebody in net who can be relied upon to make a timely save every so often. They may not need a brick wall in net, but they having a pylon is a problem no matter how much you score.

He has a hearing this morning...so called to the principals office now!!!
Which means a suspension is forthcoming. The principal doesn’t call for a fine.

While the hit was shoulder to shoulder, it looks like Makar’s hand comes up to McCann’s head and pushes it into the glass, but I think that was more the consequence of the hit rather than intent. But the puck was out of play, the hit was unnecessary.

Which means a suspension is forthcoming. The principal doesn’t call for a fine.

While the hit was shoulder to shoulder, it looks like Makar’s hand comes up to McCann’s head and pushes it into the glass, but I think that was more the consequence of the hit rather than intent. But the puck was out of play, the hit was unnecessary.
Makar is like a lot of skill guys who decide they have to "be tough" in the playoffs or in big matchups. He made some BS attempt at a dirty hit on Aho in the Canes/Avs game in Denver that looked a lot like that nonsense he pulled with McCann last night. Aho's more nimble that McCann, so nothing came of it. Makar just doesn't have the tools or experience to hit clean so he ends up making a mess of things. Honestly, that one's on whatever idiot on their coaching staff is encouraging Makar to get more physically engaged ... or not telling him to knock it off when he does it on his own.

The league is headed back to Stockholm in mid-November. The Red Wings, Leafs, Sens and Wild will each play 2 games from November 16-19.

Back