• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

The Calgary Flames finally have a commitment for a new arena. The team, City, Province and Calgary Stampede reached agreement on a new entertainment center in the Rivers District. It’s a little over C$1.2 billion, some of which is a land swap between the Province and Calgary Stampede. No timetable yet.

Good for them, I guess. The Saddledome is older than dirt, and there's no way a major Canadian city is letting a relatively healthy team walk away.

The Saddledome, or as we call it, Dorton North.
For the record, I freaking love the Saddledome and I wish they were just doing what they did to Lambeau and Arrowhead and building modern support facilities alongside the existing building ... but I get how expensive that is per square foot compared to just starting from scratch.

For the record, I freaking love the Saddledome and I wish they were just doing what they did to Lambeau and Arrowhead and building modern support facilities alongside the existing building ... but I get how expensive that is per square foot compared to just starting from scratch.
Thinking of getting back into the GC biz???
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thinking of getting back into the GC biz???
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No ... and not stadium work even if I was. I've done enough of that crap for a lifetime, thanks. Plus, one is never completely out of real estate development once one is in. Sadly.

Back