• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

I still say the most fair way to decide the draft positions, is the 17th place team gets 1st overall. Finish 32nd and you pick 16th. Tanking goes away.

The NHL fined the Blackhawks $2 million for mishandling the Kyle Beach scandal. After winning the lottery yesterday, they sold an estimated $2.5 million in new season tickets.

By comparison, the Coyotes lost 2 draft picks, including a 2021 1st rounder, for violating the league’s combine testing policy.

.... and they'll all million and one be so much horse-puckey, but, the Internet's gonna do what the Internet does...

Simple answer is... unlike "Cheaters" in PNC Arena, "Horrible people" sometimes do, in fact, win.

There's gonna be a million and one theories as to why th NHL rigged this draft for Chicago.
I know ... and it's the NHL so no one will ever be able to discredit them. In truth, the team with the third best odds of winning this kind of weighted lottery coming out with the first pick is absolutely not shocking at all. Chicago had virtually the same shot as Columbus (2 percentage point difference). Would people be accusing Bettman of rigging it if the Blue Jackets got Bedard? Prolly not, but a different pack of chumps would be complaining that the NHL probably SHOULD rig it to make sure their future stars don't end up in smaller markets. Bottom line ... the internet is gonna bitch.

I know ... and it's the NHL so no one will ever be able to discredit them. In truth, the team with the third best odds of winning this kind of weighted lottery coming out with the first pick is absolutely not shocking at all. Chicago had virtually the same shot as Columbus (2 percentage point difference). Would people be accusing Bettman of rigging it if the Blue Jackets got Bedard? Prolly not, but a different pack of chumps would be complaining that the NHL probably SHOULD rig it to make sure their future stars don't end up in smaller markets. Bottom line ... the internet is gonna bitch.
Poor kid. Gonna have to be in Chicago.

Gabriel Landeskog missed the entire season after having knee surgery in October. He’s undergoing a cartilage transplant tomorrow and is expected to miss all of next season. It’s his 4th surgery since 2020.

It's kind of like when Sidney Crosby ended up going to the Penguins instead of here. a classic NHL fix was in. At the time the Pittsburgh franchise was on on life support, needed a new building and an injection of fan support. Mario's career was ending and they needed a new on ice hero. Just. Like. That.

It's kind of like when Sidney Crosby ended up going to the Penguins instead of here. a classic NHL fix was in. At the time the Pittsburgh franchise was on on life support, needed a new building and an injection of fan support. Mario's career was ending and they needed a new on ice hero. Just. Like. That.
998 to go.

I just wish they'd show the axtual drawing, and end speculation. As long as it's behind close doors, it's rigged in my eyes.

They posted to the NHL Facebook page the entire boring 'behind the scenes' video where they pulled the actual ping-pong balls, the ball combo-to-winning team map is usually published ahead of time, and there's still mostly tin-foil hat crap filling the comments on the video.... I mean I guess they could do that bit as the show itself instead of Bill Daly and the cards, but whatever... they'd find a way to screw up the production anyway, it's the NHL, isn't it? Just let it go, people, let it go.

Last edited:
Frank Seravalli says that he believes the Flyers are close to announcing their new President of Hockey Operations. He says there are 2 finalists; Ed Olczyk and Keith Jones. Good luck with either of those.

Back