• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

With equally due respect, we've all heard the "high level analysis" that Keith Jones has offered up over the public airwaves for more than a decade. I think I'm safe enough assuming he's just as dumb as he sounds.

Apparently a lot of the reporters expect offsetting one game suspensions to Nurse and Pietrangelo as a means to signal that the league office "means business" ... lol.
Pietrangelo has a hearing with Player Safety and they don’t have hearings for fines. So that’s a pretty good indication that he’s going to be suspended and the instigator on Nurse won’t be overturned.

How refreshing was it to see a series played straight up without all the after the whistle cheap shots, stick work, facewashes, slew foots, & nonsense B.S. (talking to you Boston)? It wasn't ideal, but players seemed to be trying to cleanly out work, out hustle, and out grind their opponent, rather than injure them. I'm so tired of the post-season attack on the NHL rules and blind zebras ignoring blatant penalties. To me, that New Jersey/Carolina series proved that NHL playoffs could be executed with skill, speed, and determination over dirty play. More of that, please.

Jim

Laffs got a goal, hit Mstaal in the head with a puck.
I do wanna see the cats win as coach mo is a friend.

Back