• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Oilers could be without Darnell Nurse on Friday after he picked up an instigator penalty late in last night’s game. Under rule 46.21, an instigator penalty in the last 5 minutes is an automatic 1 game suspension but it can be overturned on review. Craig Adams was suspended for a playoff game in 2012, so there is precedent for letting it stand.

NHL officiating is the definition of Hanlon's Razor - “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Elliotte Friedman says the Flyers are hiring Keith Jones as President of Hockey Operations and will remove the interim tag from GM Daniel Briere.

Oilers could be without Darnell Nurse on Friday after he picked up an instigator penalty late in last night’s game. Under rule 46.21, an instigator penalty in the last 5 minutes is an automatic 1 game suspension but it can be overturned on review. Craig Adams was suspended for a playoff game in 2012, so there is precedent for letting it stand.
Apparently a lot of the reporters expect offsetting one game suspensions to Nurse and Pietrangelo as a means to signal that the league office "means business" ... lol.

LOLOLOLOL. What a "brain trust"
With all due respect, none of us have a clue about how well this team will do leading this franchise.

The issue with the Flyers is their ownership, as they are an afterthought in a huge conglomerate that knows the media, movie, and theme businesses a lot better than they know how to run a hockey team. Based on their track record, we could assume that they still don't know what they're doing in selecting the Briere-Jones team, but it is possible that both former players displayed traits in the interviewing process that could make them successful in these jobs.

Apparently a lot of the reporters expect offsetting one game suspensions to Nurse and Pietrangelo as a means to signal that the league office "means business" ... lol.
1 and 2 was what I was hoping for. I get the Instigator but it's not like he was an unwilling combatant

Back