• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

If the LA area can go twenty years without an NFL franchise, Atlanta can go another century without a hockey team.

And frankly, why does anyone think ANY major league sport needs more franchises?

If the LA area can go twenty years without an NFL franchise, Atlanta can go another century without a hockey team.

And frankly, why does anyone think ANY major league sport needs more franchises?
Basically ... expansion fees are intoxicating. The NHL is nuts to want to expand past 32, although pretty much everybody other than the league office thinks they should be looking to relocate the Arizona franchise.

Hartford
Quebec City
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Kansas City
New Orleans
Salt Lake City

Anybody else want a team, speak up.

What about you San Diego?
How about you Indianapolis?

Hartford
Quebec City
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Kansas City
New Orleans
Salt Lake City

Anybody else want a team, speak up.

What about you San Diego?
How about you Indianapolis?
Weirdly enough, the rumors surround the only market on that list with a seemingly qualified, interested ownership group. Makes you go hmmmmm, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Lorentz and Niederreiter score!

To make it 1-1 San Jose and Winnipeg

Bonus James Reimer sighting as well.
Reimer got the W to get his 10th win of the season. Apparently San Jose made a soft promise to move him at the deadline if they could and he's not happy about being stuck there. Dollars to doughnuts, he's finally ready to take another back up job somewhere more stable next season. He held out for a shot at starting last time his was out of contract, but that's what landed him in rebuild land. I like Reims and I hope he can find a job somewhere enjoyable.

At least the refs called a spear. I’ve seen too many of them called a slash instead. Under Rule 62, attempting a spear is a double minor but making contact is a major and automatic game misconduct.

Loved how many of his teammates jumped to his defense too.

DeAngelo has an appointment with the principal today. We won’t be seeing him tomorrow night.

DeAngelo has an appointment with the principal today. We won’t be seeing him tomorrow night.
Wonder if that played into his decision. Rather get suspended than come play against the Canes. I hear he’s a “huge Caniac”.

Just looking at the standings and the schedule, Boston will in all likelihood clinch a playoff spot by Sunday, a month and a day before the end of their regular season. Ridiculous.

Just looking at the standings and the schedule, Boston will in all likelihood clinch a playoff spot by Sunday, a month and a day before the end of their regular season. Ridiculous.
and they do have a reason to at least keep half a foot on the gas. To avoid TB or Toronto. Wild card races are going to be a dogfight to the end!

Wonder if that played into his decision. Rather get suspended than come play against the Canes. I hear he’s a “huge Caniac”.
Given how they treated Hayden Fleury the other night, probably wise. That boy got straight up abused by five or six guys who's eyes all lit up when they saw who was trying to stop them.

and they do have a reason to at least keep half a foot on the gas. To avoid TB or Toronto. Wild card races are going to be a dogfight to the end!
Boston has a 17 point lead over Toronto and two games in hand ... effectively they could lose TEN more games than the Leafs or Bolts from here until end of the season and still win the Division. I think their AHL roster could potentially manage that. They'll want to maintain momentum and a winning mentality, but no need to get carried away by playing guys who might be nicked up or anything. Especially their older guys. So half a foot on the gas, I guess ... or a couple of toes at least.

It’s amazing that as good as we have been they’ve stayed that far in front of us. AND NJ has stayed this close.

Back