• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23, 2023-24 Hurricanes Prospects and Minors Thread - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, we make a big deal out of how quickly you can get a guy to Raleigh, but how many times does that actually matter? Skipping some Ryan Bayda weirdness in the mid-00s and the purely voluntary rubber ball thing they did with Zykov in Brindy's first year and how many same day recalls are we taking here? Maybe 3 or 4 in 25 years?

Jakub Vondras signs with the Sudbury Wolves. They selected him in the 1st round of the 2023 CHL Import Draft.

Former Canes farmhand Cavan Fitzgerald signs with the Chicago Wolves. Their roster is at 23 players, with 4 players classified as veterans. So their roster is pretty much complete and they won’t need to rely on NHL loans to field a roster.

I'm not too concerned that the Canes won't find an AHL home for Kochetkov where he won't get half of the starts, but Yaniv Perets is going to end up in the ECHL at this point, which might be where he belongs to start.

I'm hoping Chicago fails with this approach.

Canes goaltending prospect Jakub Vondras has a team now for 2023-24. It was announced today that he has committed to play for OHL Sudbury.

Haha. Chicago. What a joke. Playing in a developmental league but optimizing on winning instead of development. Losers.

Haha. Chicago. What a joke. Playing in a developmental league but optimizing on winning instead of development. Losers.
It's their money and their team, and if that's what they want to do then who really cares? I join CM in hoping it doesn't work, but only passively ... because I'm not convinced it's good for the AHL in general to have one team out there operating on a wildly different business model from the rest. And the NHL needs a stable development league.

It's their money and their team, and if that's what they want to do then who really cares? I join CM in hoping it doesn't work, but only passively ... because I'm not convinced it's good for the AHL in general to have one team out there operating on a wildly different business model from the rest. And the NHL needs a stable development league.
Seems like your level of caring is in line with the rest of us. Enough to hope they fail and think it’s silly. Enough to post but barely.

He’s also the only Canes draft pick on the World Junior rosters picked by the kids at The Athletic. They picked the US, Canada, Finland and Sweden.

Are the Canes hosting another four team September Development Tournament at Invisalign Arena or was that a one and done deal? Any word?

Jakub Vondras will play for Czechia in the Five Nations Tournament, which is an indication that he’s under consideration for their World Juniors roster.

Removed from prospect list:

Massimo Rizzo C (7th round 2019 UCHC U. of Denver Jr.) Traded to the Flyers on August 9th for pretty much nothing in return.

Kevin Wall was not signed by 5:00 today so he’s a free agent. That he wasn’t invited to the prospect camp should have been a sign that this was how it was going to end up.

I don't know why specifically but it's weird to me to see both Rizzo and Wall cut loose. Maybe it's just the AHL thing, where they have to find somewhere to park a long shot prospect, but those guys both had a nose for important goals in college. I'd have liked to see them given a year or two in minor pro to see if they could find another gear.

Removed from Prospect List:

Kevin Wall RW (6th round 2019 ?????????) - Not signed by Canes by August 15 deadline, is an NHL UFA.

I don't expect any NHL franchise will sign Kevin Wall. If he still wants to pursue professional hockey he might need to sign on with an ECHL or other minor pro team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back