• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

In case anyone was wondering, I did a quick check on the Canes cap situation with Patches and Andersen both on the active roster. With Kase ($1.5 mil) and Gardiner ( $4.05 mil ... RIP) on LTIR, they still have a little over $2.2 million available on their allowed max payroll. And that's carrying all three goaltenders. They could still absorb Kase's cap hit if and when he's ready to return and have sufficient space to add a player at the deadline.

I would expect that they'll continue to carry the three goaltenders until both Andersen and Raanta prove to be fully fit and ready to carry the load. Because of that level of health uncertainty though, don't count on Raanta being moved as I've seen speculated on some of the blogs. Both he and Andersen can go out at basically any moment in time. It doesn't make sense to pretend that's not a likely outcome.

Just throwing this out there, are any of you fine STM folks in here unable to attend the STM event tonight or away on business and have a pair of extras for tonight to the event you may not be using? I know one year AndyT reached out…just trying to take my son for some autographs.

Me either, although I saw something on Twitter from a partial STM, so maybe it’s limited? I even went back through my emails to see if I missed something.
folks that mentioned to me are partial season ticket holders also

Just FYI, the Canes were scheduled to be off today, with practices tomorrow and Wednesday. They’re still off today but also won’t practice on Tuesday. As of now, practice for Wednesday is still on, at PNC.

Back