• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Elias Lindholm, part_duh? What's his $$$??? Last season he potted 42 goals, 40 A's - 80 pts. This to date 17G, 34A. He left under difficulties but under a different coach, many players and even staff. He wouldn't be my first (or 2nd?) choice but depending on how things shake with the trades...?

If you’re talking about KK, then the contract details I looked at show his M-NTC doesn’t kick in until 2026. But that site could be wrong.

If you’re talking about Schmaltz, then that same site shows he didn’t have a M-NTC when he was traded, plus he had 3 months left on his contract and was set to be an RFA.
Kotkaniemi's MNTC starts in the 25-26 season. So, July of 2025.

Schmaltz's MNTC starts next season and is a feature of the contract he signed in Arizona after being traded there by the Blackhawks. IIRC, that contract was a pretty significant over-pay by the Yotes, especially considering the NTC.

Looks like its happy 23-24 invoice week next week for STMs. Given we have already done the 'sales tax not included', 'no more food credits', 'STM extras are premium priced' and 'parking cost increases', they have mostly run out of things to raise STM costs other than a ticket price increase.

Predictions? I say at least 10% average base ticket price increases and maybe some playing around (aka reducing) Pure Hockey opportunities.

Elias Lindholm, part_duh? What's his $$$??? Last season he potted 42 goals, 40 A's - 80 pts. This to date 17G, 34A. He left under difficulties but under a different coach, many players and even staff. He wouldn't be my first (or 2nd?) choice but depending on how things shake with the trades...?
Lindy makes a reasonable (bargain?) $4.8 AAV and is signed through the end of next season when his contract price would climb significantly ... you'd think. That said, he's a first line fixture in Calgary and a good bargain so I can't see them moving him this year even if they decided they were out of the playoffs. And they ARE kind of right at that point. They're only a point out of 8th in the West but with significantly more games played than 8th place Colorado. They're the kind of done that's hard to admit.

Looks like its happy 23-24 invoice week next week for STMs. Given we have already done the 'sales tax not included', 'no more food credits', 'STM extras are premium priced' and 'parking cost increases', they have mostly run out of things to raise STM costs other than a ticket price increase.

Predictions? I say at least 10% average base ticket price increases and maybe some playing around (aka reducing) Pure Hockey opportunities.
At least 5% across the board on average, I figure. Like you said, they've burned all the backdoor price increases at this point. Premium parking is due for an adjustment as well. They've got to hedge against whatever's going to happen with the RSN revenues, and their labor costs can't have stayed flat through the current market flux. I figure 5%, but 10% wouldn't shock me by any means.

Also, unlike prior years, playoff ticket info will be sent separately. So we won’t have to renew/opt in to the playoffs at the same time.

Is Vegas going to offer show girls because they don’t have much left to give up…Jersey congratulations on Meier!

We might getting the old “we like our team” by Friday.
Vegas is extremely poorly run always operating in LTIR so there's no cap accrual. They use a revolving door on players and will trade anyone unceremoniously.

I don't know why guys sign there. I mean other than the decadence.

Is Vegas going to offer show girls because they don’t have much left to give up…Jersey congratulations on Meier!

We might getting the old “we like our team” by Friday.
I'd hold off on the "we like our team" talk until the week is actually over. Dundon and Waddell both talked recently about being agressive, and they both knew that Meier was less than a certainty. Remember last year? They said Carolina wouldn't be particularly active and ... all they did was add Domi. So, exactly what they said. This year they're saying the opposite and yet somehow people are still expecting nothing. Let's wait and see.

I'd hold off on the "we like our team" talk until the week is actually over. Dundon and Waddell both talked recently about being agressive, and they both knew that Meier was less than a certainty. Remember last year? They said Carolina wouldn't be particularly active and ... all they did was add Domi. So, exactly what they said. This year they're saying the opposite and yet somehow people are still expecting nothing. Let's wait and see.
They’ll do something, but they need to do more than tweak things…they need at least one significant piece on the wing and they better find a solid defenseman that can play a solid game in your third pair because Coghlan can’t be your seventh D!

Back