• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Friedman hinting that Carolina is talking to the Flames. Maybe Toffoli or Mangiapane? I doubt they want to deal with Lindy or Hanifin's egos ... again.

Has Kane and/or the Blackhawks explicitly said that Kane will go only to the Rangers? I ask because the dude has put up 10 points in the last four games.

I would absolutely take Elias Lindholm back. He fills multiple holes we have:

* 2nd line center (if you don't believe KK's recent surge is sustainable)
* Plus on faceoffs (56.9%) and a Right hander (a role that has been an issue all season)
* Good on PK (and again, RH faceoff guy)

I don't know if he is available. Mangiapane is too much like Jarvis for my tastes (undersized scorer). Toffoli, well, he would play with...KK and Necas and Turbo drops to line 4?

Has Kane and/or the Blackhawks explicitly said that Kane will go only to the Rangers? I ask because the dude has put up 10 points in the last four games.
Not publicly but it's pretty clear from the Rangers moves that he is going there.

I think the Lindholm price would be steep, especially after having to make a miracle happen after Gaudreau and Tkachuk bolted.

Just looked at my STM renewal...not awful, but a little on the higher end of what I was expecting. The total of my whole package--two fulls in Lower Level South--and premier parking went up 11.2%, including taxes.

Just looked at my STM renewal...not awful, but a little on the higher end of what I was expecting. The total of my whole package--two fulls in Lower Level South--and premier parking went up 11.2%, including taxes.
Warren, just asking in case you are traveling…let me know if your seats are for sale for the late March game vs Toronto? I’m looking for a pair to buy for that game for my son and I.

I was surprised they kept the 25% concession discount at that level for next season. I was expecting that to return to 15% (it probably will down the road). Of course they can just jack up the concession prices.

I couldn't find last season's STM prices for all of the different sections, but I thought I remembered the Pure Hockey full season ticket per game price for LL North Row N and above was only $44? Now its $55? Not sure if I'm misremembering that $44 per ticket correctly? If so THAT was a big price jump.

I have a call into my rep because my cost nearly doubled. I’m in Pure Hockey seats in 122, a section they offered at the last minute and never published and I only got because we were at Select A Seat that day. When we looked at possibly moving back from the 5th row to the top row, our rep told us the seats we wanted weren't available, but not to worry because our current seats were grandfathered. Well, it looks like grandpa died.

Wasn't it rumored last week about Lindholm talking to Carolina?
What I saw was what I would classify as speculation more than rumor. It was from Calgary's press ... who are in the same neighborhood as Edmonton's on the moron-meter.

That said, I'd absolutely take Lindy back at the right price. I'm not sure Rod would agree, though. Stuff was said, put it that way. Maybe everybody can get over that, maybe not. Either way, Calgary has several forwards who could step right in to Carolina's system and help.

Season ticket renewal pricing ... and they absolutely raised prices. Woof. 20-ish percent for my section.
OK, I sit in the 300-level cheap seats and it looks like my price jumped over 30%. I just sent a note to my rep and he said that the corners used to be listed as "Terrace Value" and are now listed as "Terrace Premium". That really sucks.

BTW, on the changes to Lower Level North pricing ... I really don't think it's wise for them to jack up the pricing for rows F-M like they're doing. I'm in Row J in one of those sections and they have VERY few full or half season packages sold in that section of seating. Unless they think a lot of the South people will move over to cut costs, they're significantly raising prices (15-20%) on a section of seats they already struggle to sell at a lower price point. I'm not complaining mind you because I'll just move and I always anticipated getting priced out eventually. I just think it's dumb.

It will interesting to see how this all plays out. The season ticket partial plans are reverting back to static seats and schedules. 21 game plans will have 2 set schedules to choose from and will have their single seat for all of those games. For 10 game plans, there will be 4 set schedules to pick from.

Those partial STMs will not get full playoff ticket guarantees. They will only get 1/2 or 1/4 playoff ticket guarantees.

One other change, apparently Pure Hockey STMs are not eligible for STM events (that has upset some people).

Those 'set schedules/same seat' changes are how things use to work with the partial plans years ago. People who are newer partial STMs are not happy. Ticket reps are going to have some extra work to do, there will be a lot of folks who got their renewals who will be calling.

I talked to my rep. Grandpa did indeed die, with regard to my Pure Hockey pricing. All the Pure Hockey seating has been moved to the north end, except for thr the 2 center ice sections. But they’re not available for new tickets, only renewals. My rep said I could move to 116 if I wanted to keep Pure Hockey pricing. I might try to see if I can move into 120 Pure Hockey, but absent that, it’s back to the mezzanine for us.

I saw something else interesting on the new STM plan page
†Free Game Vouchers and Pre-Gameday Exchanges are based on availability and are good for equal or lesser-value tickets only.
This reverses the current rules where vouchers are equal value only, and pre-game exchanges are equal or greater-value tickets if you pay the difference. I've often wondered why they wouldn't let you exchange down if there wasn't anything available in your (ever-shrinking as they create more pricing categories) price point, so this fixes that, letting you exchange down (guaranteed it's "keep the change" though) but stopping the pay-the-difference exchange up, which I did use a couple times a year.

Warren, just asking in case you are traveling…let me know if your seats are for sale for the late March game vs Toronto? I’m looking for a pair to buy for that game for my son and I.
Rob, as of now, my seatmate has our tickets for that night. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

It will interesting to see how this all plays out. The season ticket partial plans are reverting back to static seats and schedules. 21 game plans will have 2 set schedules to choose from and will have their single seat for all of those games. For 10 game plans, there will be 4 set schedules to pick from.

Those partial STMs will not get full playoff ticket guarantees. They will only get 1/2 or 1/4 playoff ticket guarantees.
Bound to happen eventually as more and more STM's pour in to buy the hot ticket. Won't affect us directly being full STM's, but the next domino I suspect to fall caused by the strong attendance would hurt me bad -- I would not be surprised by soon not allowing full STM's to buy the extra playoff strips early (please don't do it guys, if you're watching! :oops:) We've split our full STM plan with another couple for a long time, but always been able to ensure getting early/good seats to every playoff game for all of us.

Last edited:
Bound to happen eventually as more and more STM's pour in to buy the hot ticket. Won't affect us directly being full STM's, but the next domino I suspect to fall caused by the strong attendance would hurt me bad -- I would not be surprised by soon not allowing full STM's to buy the extra playoff strips early (please don't do it guys, if you're watching! :oops:) We've split our full STM plan with another couple for a long time, but always been able to ensure getting early/good seats to every playoff game.
Same here, Bill.

Back