• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

2nd intermission, 7-7 tie, and Martinook stopped by and had the quote of the game so far.. Maniscalco offered him the chance to evaluate one of the player's game so far and he picked Waddell (with a surprise Alumni appearance) who has a goal and a penalty.. and Martinook said we'd have to put him on waivers! There might have been a touch of salt in that along with the laughs  

BTW, a 13-12 final, in favor of the Williams-led squad.

An hour now until NCSU-UNC... gotta decide if we're staying

Last edited:
Meier isn't playing today. Whether that is really a day to day injury or not depends on who you want to believe.

From the FWIW department…

One of my best friends who knows Kevyn Adams very well just told me that Kevyn said we’re getting Timo.

I don’t know what we’re trading to get him…and I told my friend I won’t get excited until I know the terms of the deal and whether we’re extending him.

please let it be so

One of my best friends who knows Kevyn Adams very well just told me that Kevyn said we’re getting Timo.

I don’t know what we’re trading to get him…and I told my friend I won’t get excited until I know the terms of the deal and whether we’re extending him.
Well, I found even more reasonable hockey writers reporting overnight or this morning that the Canes are in the mix. No matter how it falls out, I don't think anyone can accuse them of not trying.

Just for "fun" let's take stabs at what that might look like...

I am going to go with one of Morrow or Nikishin along with Drury/Suzuki a 1st rounder in this summer's draft and a second rounder in 2024. A bit steep but it's going to take a full package no matter who gets Meier.

Just for "fun" let's take stabs at what that might look like...

I am going to go with one of Morrow or Nikishin along with Drury/Suzuki a 1st rounder in this summer's draft and a second rounder in 2024. A bit steep but it's going to take a full package no matter who gets Meier.
I would do that deal...with the expectation that we sign Timo beyond this season.

Yeah, I might try to make the 2024 2nd rounder conditional based on re-signing Meier but otherwise I’d do it.
This.

2023 1st Round Pick, 2024 2nd Round (4th if the player isn't extended), Morrow and Drury ... that probably gets the job done. Morrow's stock has fallen but he'd be one of San Jose's better D prospects, Drury could slot straight into their bottom 6 right now and those picks have definitely value.

Now, can New Jersey do the same or better? Yeah, probably. Would they go in with two fairly painful picks given that they aren't really done rebuilding yet? Maybe not.

Back