• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I’ve managed to avoid that for almost 60 years. Hope I can keep the streak going!

Nah. I actually enjoy it. We go there every year, sometimes a couple of times. My daughter has annual passes. Although we are hitting up sea world this time and that’sa place I haven’t been to since 1991. Lol

We brought our kid to Disney World a few years ago the first week of that December. It was...fun, and the Christmas spectaculars were great. The fast passes were worth every penny and we got a few more here and there during our visits to the park if something went even slightly wrong with our food or whatever. Not sure why the centered on us to do that, but they did. Maybe because our kid was only 7 at the time? I dunno. It was mighty nice of them, though.

We brought our kid to Disney World a few years ago the first week of that December. It was...fun, and the Christmas spectaculars were great. The fast passes were worth every penny and we got a few more here and there during our visits to the park if something went even slightly wrong with our food or whatever. Not sure why the centered on us to do that, but they did. Maybe because our kid was only 7 at the time? I dunno. It was mighty nice of them, though.
Yep. Fast passes are golden. We get all our passes in advance and plan our route accordingly. A couple of the rides like tron and the avatar ride have their own separate fast passes you have to pay for. We plan out whole day, including reserving dinners and lunches through the app.

Yep. Fast passes are golden. We get all our passes in advance and plan our route accordingly. A couple of the rides like tron and the avatar ride have their own separate fast passes you have to pay for. We plan out whole day, including reserving dinners and lunches through the app.
We haven’t been since 2019 and my wife is getting antsy. We do the same thing, although we’re usually OK with fast service lunches. If you don’t have a game plan, you wait in endless lines for rides and food.

I've been to Disney World about six or seven times. If I never set foot there again, I will be very happy. (Sorry, Jeff!)

With that said, I have nothing against those who go regularly, including more than one good friend of mine. What I don't get are people who go every year without seeing the many, many other places the world has to offer.

I've been to Disney World about six or seven times. If I never set foot there again, I will be very happy. (Sorry, Jeff!)

With that said, I have nothing against those who go regularly, including more than one good friend of mine. What I don't get are people who go every year without seeing the many, many other places the world has to offer.
Tis fine ... it's a vacation destination, nothing more. It just happens to be a destination where a fair amount of local knowledge can help make it a LOT easier and better. Thus, the need for schleps like me.

You can do the virtual queue for Tron at 7AM if you're quick and a little lucky. Then if you miss, you can pip for the individual lightning lane charge. The ride is freaking brilliant.

You can do the virtual queue for Tron at 7AM if you're quick and a little lucky. Then if you miss, you can pip for the individual lightning lane charge. The ride is freaking brilliant.
Yea, we’ve never gotten lucky with that so I just pay the money for the guaranteed slot. Plus, the virtual queue line is still ridiculously long. Even with the virtual queue, the wait time is 1.5-2 hours. I looked on the app earlier and people in the virtual queue still had a 1 hour 20 minute wait. The queue for the paid fast pass was 10 minutes

Last edited:
With two younger kids it’s a must every couple of years for us but I must say there is so many different things to do down there besides just the theme parks. I’ve golfed there, went to spring training Braves games, rented a boat and went bass fishing, many times just stay at the resort and enjoy the pools and what the deluxe resorts have to offer…Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of our favorites.

With two younger kids it’s a must every couple of years for us but I must say there is so many different things to do down there besides just the theme parks. I’ve golfed there, went to spring training Braves games, rented a boat and went bass fishing, many times just stay at the resort and enjoy the pools and what the deluxe resorts have to offer…Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of our favorites.
Yea I used to go there for Braves games but not since they moved out of Orlando several years back.

Nah. I actually enjoy it. We go there every year, sometimes a couple of times. My daughter has annual passes. Although we are hitting up sea world this time and that’sa place I haven’t been to since 1991. Lol
SeaWorld has changed quite a bit if it's been that long since you went. My teenage kids loved the roller coasters there.

Yeah, when I went, it was just an aquarium with some killer whales and that was it. Now it’s a whole theme park like everything else in Orlando.
Last time we were there was 1993. We had spent a couple of days at DisneyWorld and went to Sea World. My father-in-law had never been to either. It took us forever to get in, the prices and lines were jacked and he spent the rest of the day muttering “clip joint”.

Back