• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Oops - thanks for the gentle correction, NoMich! I was just communicating with someone named Tlusty.....and well, you know, dementia...

Part of this may be due to the collaborative management system that Dundon's team promotes. I too am worried about losing Tlusty (and surprised it hasn't happened yet), but there's more to General Management than analytics and perhaps that's where DW excels. Maybe it's time for a "two in the box" approach to GM leadership - although I don't think that's worked anywhere in the business world.
Titles don't mean a heck of a lot in the Canes front office, but for some reason we default to kind of insisting that they do. The Canes already have the basic structure you describe, although it's more like 4 guys because Dundon figures in on the big stuff along with the scouting dept. And it works in the business world all the time. It's called collaborative or synergistic leadership. Honestly, thank God Dundon hasn't tried to explain all that stuff in detail to the masses, because he's got enough of a Texas TED Talk vibe going on as it is and the hockey media are really, really dumb when it comes to anything that doesn't look like it's always looked.

Just saw this link on Twitter about RBA.https://ncsportsnetwork.com/brindamour-on-his-low-end-canes-contract-its-not-going-to-be-an-easy-negotiation/

Just saw this link on Twitter about RBA.https://ncsportsnetwork.com/brindamour-on-his-low-end-canes-contract-its-not-going-to-be-an-easy-negotiation/
Ugh. We're gonna do this again aren't we? I'll say this, not a single thing will be any different this time around. Assuming this season goes even relatively well then Brind'Amour will almost certainly be motivated to stay, and to get his staff paid market rate. Dundon will be motivated to keep him, and not to over-spend in the process. Two thirds of the hockey press will make stupid assumptions for funsies which will probably feature linking Brind'Amour to open jobs. That will absolutely include Philly when they inevitably get sick of Torts' dog and pony show and cut their loses on that situation. The amateur bloggers will run wild. People will get fired up. Wash, rinse, repeat.

RBA has said it himself. This is the only place he wants to coach. So if he leaves the big Canes, there is a spot for him with the Jr. Canes. I’m sure he‘d have more fun with the kids anyway.
For what it's worth, RBA's assistant "JD" Jeff Daniels is pulling double duty on Saturdays leading the Canes Learn to Play Program where my son has been enjoying things to the fullest! I do notice he seems less stressed and no one is asking about how the power play is doing... 🤣

The final pre-season schedule is out. They’re going the MLB Spring Training split squad route on September 29, that night was TBD in the original release.

9/26 Tampa at PNC
9/27 Florida at PNC
9/29 at Florida
9/29 at Tampa
10/5 at Nashville
10/6 Nashville at PNC

Ticketing information will be released shortly. STM should have a freebie in there, we were billed for 43 games.

I see what you're saying...although isn't the freebie usually open to all?
Yes, it was usually held in conjunction with the Caniac Carnival. It was open seating but STM got in 30 minutes early. But no Saturday home game in preseason this year, so…

Back