• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

What does a lower level south STH seat cost these days above the bottom rows?
My credit union has an offer of 'deeply discounted' tickets for $118. I laughed, guffawed and shat. Deeply discounted my ass. Yeah, it's deep, but not discounted.
Hell, it's been ten years (gag!) since I was a STH, but my seat was nowhere near that $$.

Which game LJG? That makes a substantial difference on the price, even for something like an STM 'extra purchase'.

You are referring to the Rangers game on Thursday March 23rd I believe? The STM 'extra tickets' cost for that game is $133.84 per ticket for the seats you are asking about. The down lower South seats are $153.15 per ticket for that game.

That is all way above the regular full STM ticket price of course, but long gone are the days where STMs could get extra tickets for EVERY game at regular STM ticket prices. That went away last season and has been taken to another level this season. The discount being offered through the credit union is actually really a discount over what an STM could get those tickets for as purchased extras (not by much, but it is a discount).

That is a premium game obviously, other games will have prices avaialble to STMs for extras well under the price for that NYRangers game.

Last edited:
Which game LJG? That makes a substantial difference on the price, even for something like an STM 'extra purchase'.
Yeah, for a March game against the Rangers for which I needed an extra ticket, even my STM cost was about $130. (I sit in 127, row X.)

You are referring to the Rangers game on Thursday March 23rd I believe? The STM 'extra tickets' cost for that game is $133.84 per ticket for the seats you are asking about. The down lower South seats are $153.15 per ticket for that game.

That is all way above the regular full STM ticket price of course, but long gone are the days where STMs could get extra tickets for EVERY game at regular STM ticket prices. That went away last season and has been taken to another level this season. The discount being offered through the credit union is actually really a discount over what an STM could get those tickets for as purchased extras (not by much, but it is a discount).

That is a premium game obviously, other games will have prices avaialble to STMs for extras well under the price for that NYRangers game.
You are right that it's the Rangers' game.
I don't think I ever paid that for a Cup game.
Can't wait until little one graduates!

Why do so many "writers" think Jarvis is our bargaining chip for a trade deadline move?
I think Jarvis is one of the organization's favorite young players and is going nowhere. That's just me, but I've never heard anyone with the Canes do anything but rave about the kid. And he's nowhere close to having tapped his potential. Trading him for some B level forward is probably just dumb, but potentially idiotic.

Remember how many writers had Pesce labeled as deadline trade bait a few years ago? I rank this up there with that. Writers see the value and aren't real good at much beyond that.

I think Jarvis is one of the organization's favorite young players and is going nowhere. That's just me, but I've never heard anyone with the Canes do anything but rave about the kid. And he's nowhere close to having tapped his potential. Trading him for some B level forward is probably just dumb, but potentially idiotic.

Remember how many writers had Pesce labeled as deadline trade bait a few years ago? I rank this up there with that. Writers see the value and aren't real good at much beyond that.
I’m in total agreement. If the Canes were to make deals for say a A Henrique or J McCabe, absolutely do not touch anyone on the current roster.

The Canes currently sit at a point% of .745. If they somehow can sustain that, that % for the season would rank 18th in the history of the NHL. It would be the 6th greatest loser point% in NHL history (or 5th if the Bruins fall apart).

.714 is the franchise record, accomplished in the Covid 'Central' division 20-21 season. Last season we were at .707 (which is the 3rd best franchise point % currently depending on how the rest of this season shakes out).

Pretty amazing stuff.

Last edited:
Back