• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Well, that's because 98% of all NHL players want to play for Toronto, and hate having to play in cornfields like Carolina, where the owner is a massive cheapskate, and the arena is empty every night.
You know, it's only now dawning on a few of these national meatheads that players actually hated playing in that tin can on ASU's campus in Tempe. I've seen a few player quotes included in articles about Utah like it's new info or something. No duh, Sherlock. They just were instructed by their team's media people (under instructions from the league office) not to bitch about it before. Now it doesn't matter.

Yeah, if you say cornfield or soybean fields, most folks will assume you are talking about the midwest, but if you say tobacco fields, then those same folks will assume NC

I see Luke DeCock is up to his antics again....publishing today, that the Canes and Brindy are at an impasse on contract negotiations. I've heard two different NHL guys, one being Elliot Friedman, debunk this or say they don't believe it as written.

I see Luke DeCock is up to his antics again....publishing today, that the Canes and Brindy are at an impasse on contract negotiations. I've heard two different NHL guys, one being Elliot Friedman, debunk this or say they don't believe it as written.

Having only scanned Luke's article, it looks like he provides accurate context in the piece while the headline is more suggestive of a problem. And frankly, that's a conversation I'm sick of at this stage. We all know that Luke doesn't write the headline and that the people that do are trying to drive engagement so they lean into the sensational angle ... if there is one. Whatever.

STM'ers - Heads up if you haven't seen the email -- Round 2 STM presale is open (2 hours only... we got a day for Round 1).... wowsers $$$

I just got my usual extras for each of the 3 games so my STM partner and I can have 2 tix to each game. Had to race to get lower level West-ish (or SW corner) before gone.

Injury update from GMDW today. X-rays on TDAs hand were negative. Peace is out of the walking boot and he should be able to play this round. Fast has had multiple scans and it’s a strained muscle in his neck. He’s in a neck brace for the next 2 weeks and will be reevaluated

Last edited:
Wadell met with the media ... some "good" news and some completely expected news

Looks like DeAngelo is OK, or at least OK by playoff standards.

Looks like Pesce will be out a bit longer than whenever the next series starts. The new news on Pesce is that he was in a walking boot. Which means it wasn't a knee issue at all. Which is honestly surpising

Last edited:
Honestly, Tony hasn't been terrible but he hasn't been good either. But with a college kind with no pro games and ... checks notes ... a complete doofus backing him up, meh. We'll take way we can get. Just don't stink and try to stop knocking your partner over on rushes, you moron.

Back