• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Well, they've got to hit the cap floor next year too. Why on earth they felt the need to go two years is a mystery. You could replace what you get from Foligno for half the price with absolutely minimal effort.

The US women won the U-18 World Championship today. Raleigh’s Mary Derrenbacher was on the team as a 15 year old. She had 2 goals, 5 assists in 7 games. She played for the Jr. Hurricanes U-13 AAA team 2 years ago and is in her 2nd year on the U-16 team at Shattuck-St. Mary’s.

Valeri Nichushkin is entering the NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program. He's 2nd on the team with 22 goals. He missed the end of the Avs season last year under bizarre circumstances.

Valeri Nichushkin is entering the NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program. He's 2nd on the team with 22 goals. He missed the end of the Avs season last year under bizarre circumstances.
That’s a really unfortunate development considering he was having a career year to date.

Yeah, sad news ... but it does shed light on the mercurial, downright fickle nature of Nichushkin's game.

Jack Eichel had “lower body surgery” yesterday and is listed as week to week. His knee was pinned on the boards on a check from Bruins dman Matt Grzelcyk on Thursday. He was checked in the locker room and returned to the game but missed the next 2. Vegas is also without William Karlsson, so they’ve lost their top 2 centers.

The Wild announced that Jared Spurgeon is out for the rest of the season. He’ll have hip surgery on February 6 and back surgery about a month later. He has 3 more years at $7.575 million, he’ll be 37 when that contract expires.

I imagine that Guerin has hung up the figurative For Sale sign.

The Wild announced that Jared Spurgeon is out for the rest of the season. He’ll have hip surgery on February 6 and back surgery about a month later. He has 3 more years at $7.575 million, he’ll be 37 when that contract expires.

I imagine that Guerin has hung up the figurative For Sale sign.
Not so sure that Guerin hasn't hung up a D Wanted sign instead. We'll see, but he's been fairly delusional about their level of competitiveness this season.

The Shane Pinto saga in Ottawa is over. The Sens signed him to a 1 year/$775K contract.

The Islanders instantly become more interesting...
Not sure they become better, but hey ... interesting is also good, I guess. Roy's Colorado teams played with a sort of frenzy I'm not sure that ancient Isles team has in their bag.

Back