• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

So the question for Tuesday is whether Bob can shake off last night’s disaster or if he turns into 2002 Jose Theodore.

Former Canes assistant Dean Chynoweth, who was whacked by Toronto a few weeks ago, gets a new gig as an assistant on Scott Arniel’s staff in Winnipeg.

GMDW wasting no time in Columbus, whacking head coach Pascal Vincent. He was put in an impossible position, taking over for Babcock just before camp started and trying to win with that roster.

GMDW wasting no time in Columbus, whacking head coach Pascal Vincent. He was put in an impossible position, taking over for Babcock just before camp started and trying to win with that roster.
Who would be in Waddell’s wheelhouse for that gig? A veteran guy like Gallant or Evason makes sense…can’t think of any ties Dandy Don has to those two though, maybe he goes with a younger guy like Woodcroft since they have a pretty young roster.

Who would be in Waddell’s wheelhouse for that gig? A veteran guy like Gallant or Evason makes sense…can’t think of any ties Dandy Don has to those two though, maybe he goes with a younger guy like Woodcroft since they have a pretty young roster.
Could also be the guy in Cleveland that brought them to game 7 of the AHL Eastern Conference final, if he’s not interested in recycling coaches that failed elsewhere.

LeBrun has an early watch list that includes McLellan and Blashill besides the guys you listed.

View: https://x.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1803065684047323465?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

How much of a dent on Buffalo's cap hit would buying out Skinner cause? He's got three seasons left at $9 million AAV.

How much of a dent on Buffalo's cap hit would buying out Skinner cause? He's got three seasons left at $9 million AAV.
Cap Hits would be:

$1,444,445
$4,444,445
$6,444,445
$2,444,445 x 3

If you are the Sabres and are going all in to try to make the playoffs next season, buying out Skinner would free up $7.5 million in cap room (plus the cap room they already are projected to have available).

If you go around the league and look at the teams that have a lot of cap room and what they might be looking for, it doesn't take long to find a whole lot of potential destinations for Brett Pesce to consider. I don't know what he considers his most important want as a UFA, but if he wants to win there are plenty of playoff teams with cap room to consider. If he flat out want's the most money and winning is sort of secondary, teams like Buffalo and Utah are flush with cap room and have a need for a solid RD. I don't know how Pesce is going to decide where he wants to go, he will have more than 20 teams contacting his agent. If Pesce has told his agent 'get me paid the most money', they are going to have a lot of offers to think about.

IF you asked me to pick one the one team that ends up with Brett Pesce? Buffalo Sabres, 7 years $45 million.

The Rangers got ahead of the noise and placed Barclay Goodrow on waivers. I assume they’re going to buy him out when the window opens.

Kats looked nervous at the end of that one last night. Better get their swagger back on fast. If they’re gonna let McJesus split their entire defense without laying a finger on them, they’re in trouble.
Edmonton will be crazy.

Back