• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Fight of the year today in that Rags/Flyers game. That monster that the Rags have Rempe is just obscene. Great even tilt that seemed like a scrap from the 80’s.

Fight of the year today in that Rags/Flyers game. That monster that the Rags have Rempe is just obscene. Great even tilt that seemed like a scrap from the 80’s.

Deslauriers went up to him during the pregame skate while he was stretching and asked him if he wanted to drop them when the puck dropped. He agreed and it was an old school slobber knocker. He’s had some questionable hits in the whole week he’s been in the league (I think he got a game misconduct in his 2nd or 3rd game) and he has twice as many career penalty minutes (27) then time on the ice 14:20

I guess I'm really out of the loop, but I've seen and heard a LOT about cocaine use in the last year or two. It's still VERY popular among the wealthy. I'm not at all surprised that another pro athlete has been caught. I guess I thought it was an 80s thing and went away, but I guess I was wrong. Booger sugar is apparently the drug of choice amongst those with plenty of disposable income.

Deslauriers went up to him during the pregame skate while he was stretching and asked him if he wanted to drop them when the puck dropped. He agreed and it was an old school slobber knocker. He’s had some questionable hits in the whole week he’s been in the league (I think he got a game misconduct in his 2nd or 3rd game) and he has twice as many career penalty minutes (27) then time on the ice 14:20
Rempel fought again today against another heavyweight in Olivier and took some serious blows to the melon enough to be sent to the concussion protocol room.

I guess I'm really out of the loop, but I've seen and heard a LOT about cocaine use in the last year or two. It's still VERY popular among the wealthy. I'm not at all surprised that another pro athlete has been caught. I guess I thought it was an 80s thing and went away, but I guess I was wrong. Booger sugar is apparently the drug of choice amongst those with plenty of disposable income.
And musicians, unfortunately. I do think coke has made a bit of a resurgence post pandemic ... but I'm not sure it ever went away for athletes. They just got better at avoiding testing and/or leagues got slacker about testing. Rich elites? Whatever man. Those people live on a different planet than us normies.

The late 80s was the last time I had any. And good god, it was something. Straight off the boat, uncut, with a fluorescent light blue tinge to it. Let me tell you, I know why that shit kills people. And that's just a piece of that whole story.

I'm also very glad I always had a needle aversion. It was never one of those 'sure, I'll try it' things.

The trade call is pending, but multiple reports that the Flames are sending Chris Tanev to Dallas for a 2nd rounder, a prospect and a conditional pick.

The Devils were involved in the Tanev trade. They send unsigned goalie prospect Cole Brady to Calgary for Tanev. The Flames retain 50% of Tanev’s salary. The Devils send Tanev to Dallas for the Stars 4th rounder in 2026. The Devils retain 50% of Tanev’s salary. The Stars send defensive prospect Artem Grushnikov, a 2024 2nd rounder and a conditional 2024 3rd rounder to Calgary for goalie Cole Brady. The 3rd rounder is conditional on Dallas making the 2024 Stanley Cup Final. The pick is forfeited if they don’t win 3 rounds.

Brady was a 5th round pick in 2019 and is a 4th year goalie at UMass. He played 2 years at Arizona State before transferring to UMass. Grushnikov was a 2021 2nd rounder and is playing for AHL Texas.

Man, you'd have thought Calgary could have gotten more for Tanev. Really, really good fit for Dallas' system and their D has been a bit banged up. They're still relying too much on Suter, but at least this gives them a mobile partner to cover the ground that fossil can't cover anymore.

And with Calgary having dealt one of their UFA D for spare parts, you'd assume that there's no way they let Hanifin go for less than a first and a prospect.

Pretty nice work by Dallas. Chris Tanev rental with double retention for a middle tier prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Morgan Geekie Hat Trick last night in Boston's 5-4 home win vs. Vegas. Geekie already has single season bests in Goals (13) and Points (30). He is averaging over 15 minutes a game for the Bs. A bargain so far for the B's at just $2 million AAV for 2 seasons.

Morgan Geekie Hat Trick last night in Boston's 5-4 home win vs. Vegas. Geekie already has single season bests in Goals (13) and Points (30). He is averaging over 15 minutes a game for the Bs. A bargain so far for the B's at just $2 million AAV for 2 seasons.
Bet he wishes he didn't have that 2nd season tacked onto that contract.

Caps put Evgeny Kuznetsov on waivers today. He has 1 year left on his contract, $7.8 million cap hit, $2 million signing bonus and $6 million salary remaining.

No one is going to claim him of course given he is a 1 dimensional player who isn't even good at that one dimension anymore and has a fairly long history of substance use.

Back