• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

I honestly don’t recall any of them saying that - re: Wright - but if they did, then good on them. My point is that I don’t think HuGo know who they’re picking as of yet, Michkov or no Michkov. They said that last year they only decided on Slaf the morning of the draft, and I actually believe them.
Exactly. I put no stock in Hughes not wanting Michkov. If he gets satisfactory assurance that it will only be 3 years through SKA then he's taking him. He may even without assurance.

Oh well.

The point is pay up or go away.
I think Detroit is happy with 5 picks in the first two rounds, it needs to make sense for both teams.

Moving up 4 spots into the top 5 versus us moving up 14 spots in the first round + a high second round pick is not a bad proposition. I don’t think Detroit does it though.

I think Detroit is happy with 5 picks in the first two rounds, it needs to make sense for both teams.

Moving up 4 spots into the top 5 versus us moving up 14 spots in the first round + a high second round pick is not a bad proposition. I don’t think Detroit does it though.
It never works unless a team really covets a player. Michkov is that type of player. Either pay through the nose or away with you Detroit.

You're mistaking two good players for one great. Need to swing for the fences.

I honestly don’t recall any of them saying that - re: Wright - but if they did, then good on them. My point is that I don’t think HuGo know who they’re picking as of yet, Michkov or no Michkov. They said that last year they only decided on Slaf the morning of the draft, and I actually believe them.
I’m in the smoke/fire camp. I haven’t read anything about the Habs being high on Michkov, everything points to the other direction.

It never works unless a team really covets a player. Michkov is that type of player. Either pay through the nose or away with you Detroit.

You're mistaking two good players for one great. Need to swing for the fences.
I don’t. If I’m the Habs I’m drafting Michkov, but if they’re not, that’s probably the best offer available IMO. I can’t see any other team with better assets to offer that make sense for us.

He better have an excellent reason not to and I don't see one save acquiring a stud young player for the pick. Which could also happen.

No kidding.

And it's also, what is more important for you, a high ceiling or a high floor? BPA will vary from person to person on what their criteria is.

Take Ryan Leonard, for example. There seems to be overall agreement that while his ceiling might not be very high, his floor is pretty high. Seems like a lock for a 2nd/3rd line player that teams will hate to play against.

I'm not floor guy. I'm ceiling guy.
Personally, when I say "take BPA" I am referring to taking the player that you think will be the best player. Just don't let politics, position or rankings affect the choice. Pick who you think will be the best player.

I will happy when this all over, the constant mental masturbation is exhausting
The problem is that there's not much else Habs-related right now to talk about and except for Habsy, because he lIves there, most of us don't care about the SCF (I'll watch parts of the games here and there if I'm home but not the entire game).

If I had to skip Michkov and no Smith there, I prefer Leonard over Rienbacher. That said, I prefer either of them over trading the 5th for PLD. Please don’t do that

Back