• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

The annual Drette Sul Tappe draft podcast is available on their Patreon and is probably going to be made public a few days before the NHL draft.

As usual, it's far & away the best draft podcast I've found.

Friedman saying there’s an air of mystery around the league, that Michkov apparently will only meet teams at the draft he’s willing to play for.. a number of teams apparently can’t get assurances he’s willing to talk to them

Starting @ 31:15

Last edited:
Friedman saying there’s an air of mystery around the league, that Michkov apparently will only meet teams at the draft he’s willing to play for.. a number of teams apparently can’t get assurances he’s willing to talk to them

Starting @ 31:15
he's flaky

I'm only interested in Michkov, of the three. We may as well trade down rather than pick Smith or Benson at 5.

Smith/Benson/Leonard are still great prospects, but I don't see any being THAT much better than the other. So, it won't matter if you pick 6/7/8 at that point. I'll just be upset if we waste our 5th on Reinbacher, just feel he's going to be decent but I don't see the scoring for him to be a top 2 guy. Maybe a solid 2B/3 guy but I rather chance it on getting a 1st line forward.

Smith/Benson/Leonard are still great prospects, but I don't see any being THAT much better than the other. So, it won't matter if you pick 6/7/8 at that point. I'll just be upset if we waste our 5th on Reinbacher, just feel he's going to be decent but I don't see the scoring for him to be a top 2 guy. Maybe a solid 2B/3 guy but I rather chance it on getting a 1st line forward.
You need not worry. HuGo aren't taking Rein. at 5. Of those three, I would probably take Leonard but I've never seen Benson play . . . and I'm just a fan so what do I know?

Friedman also says many teams found it impossible to meet with him during this past KHL season because he simply “didn’t feel like meeting with them”
yeah it's weird, he's a guy noone has seen play for what 2 yrs, he can't come to NHL for 3 and he appears to be telling people he will only play for x teams. Red flag after red flag

yeah it's weird, he's a guy noone has seen play for what 2 yrs, he can't come to NHL for 3 and he appears to be telling people he will only play for x teams. Red flag after red flag
And a former Caps Russia. scout lambasted him - all his teammates, coaches, and managers know he's a shitty person!

Where there’s smoke..

Nikolishin speaks about Michkov around 38 minute mark

Last edited:
And a former Caps Russia. scout lambasted him - all his teammates, coaches, and managers know he's a shitty person!

Where there’s smoke..

Nikolishin speaks about Michkov around 38 minute mark
Oh ya. Solid source.

Back