• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

he's flaky
No, he's an Eastern European. They don't do nuanced speech. Everything is brutally direct.

Years ago I was in a restaurant with a group of co-workers, one of whom was Russian. When he ordered his meal and the waitress asked him if he wanted sour cream on his baked potato he said "Of course!" in a tone that sounded like "Of course, bitch. What the fuck is wrong with you?" A Canadian would have answered "Yes please". The guy wasn't pissed off or trying to bawl out the waitress, it's just the way these people talk.

A Russian wouldn't see the need to politely decline from meeting with a team. He'd just tell them straight up that he has no intention of playing for them so it's a waste of both their time. Nothing personal, just "it is what it is".

I’d be shocked if we made any trade of significance to be honest. Probably stay at 5, take the stupid D and then maybe move up from 31 to 24 or something small or nothing at all

If they think Fantilli is a sure fire #1 centre then I’d have no problem trading a boatload to move up for him — #31, Hutson and Mailloux
Hutson OR Mailloux, not both.

I'd also like to see HuGo make a deal to get a 1st round pick in the teens and get Musty.

The NHL needs one of those NFL charts which tells you if a trade is of equal value

I saw one but it’s a lot trickier in the NHL because unlike the NFL, hockey’s bumper crop decelerates very quickly due to limited star talent that varies wildly from year to year

ie. this year’s top 5 is a lot more loaded than last year’s

Ducks have all the leverage

you have to overpay otherwise stay in your seat and shut the fuck up until they call your number 5
Internally do they really, do they need MacTavish, Zegras and Fantilli? They will all want big coin down the road, granted that is a few years away, none of those three will want to play wing.

We don't need to move up either, just take the best non Michkov guy at 5th, whomever that might be.

I dunno, some scouts see Fantilli as a winger

regardless, unless I’m blown away, I keep Fantilli and figure out when the time comes which one of those 3 studs I can trade… pieces like Dvorak and Harris don’t entice me to make my mind now

Fantilli sounds like a guy who would go #1 80% of the time so any Habs offer would need to be extravagant

Back