• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Typical Habs front office post-draft disinformation campaign. They pass on a player that everyone wants them to draft so they smear him to justify chickening out and taking the safe player.
There's an Elite Prospects video on YouTube re: Reinbacher from about two months ago that's very interesting and informative, comparing and contrasting him to Mo Seider, that concludes with the specific words "Reinbacher is NOT a safe pick" and that's intended in a very positive way. It's only about 15 minutes long and I recommend you guys check it out. It's by people who have no connection to the Habs and it's from before the draft, so it's not post-draft spin/rationalization. Doesn't mean it's completely accurate . . . but somewhat comforting, nonetheless.

Kovalev 2.0? Who coincidentally is Russian and the only Hab player who hit 80+ points in the last 25 years.
who fans called Kovalazy and who many wanted to run out of town after he was slashed in game 4 double OT vs the Bruins in 2004 and who was thrown under the bus by Souray for "quitting" on the play.

There's an Elite Prospects video on YouTube re: Reinbacher from about two months ago that's very interesting and informative, comparing and contrasting him to Mo Seider, that concludes with the specific words "Reinbacher is NOT a safe pick" and that's intended in a very positive way. It's only about 15 minutes long and I recommend you guys check it out. It's by people who have no connection to the Habs and it's from before the draft, so it's not post-draft spin/rationalization. Doesn't mean it's completely accurate . . . but somewhat comforting, nonetheless.
Solid video

Huge upside , if they went safe only you take Leonard who is an Oshie type

Reinbacher made great strides this year playing with men in a good league

Leave him in Switzerland for one more year for further growth physically and skills

Yeah we already have a million forwards but I'd for sure take a chance on Zadina.
You and I are quite familiar with him of course with the Mooseheads. I'm quite surprised what's happened with him; he was really something here. Of course, I said the same about Drouin. I'd say I must be a bad scout, but the draft position of both says otherwise. Timo Meier, Nick Ehlers, even Nico Hischier-I thought Zadina would be the best of the lot.

Last edited:
who fans called Kovalazy and who many wanted to run out of town after he was slashed in game 4 double OT vs the Bruins in 2004 and who was thrown under the bus by Souray for "quitting" on the play.
At least you were in favour of getting him from the Rangers I remember. I wanted to keep Josef Balej.

I grew to love Kovalev. In short order.

Last edited:
Solid video

Huge upside , if they went safe only you take Leonard who is an Oshie type

Reinbacher made great strides this year playing with men in a good league

Leave him in Switzerland for one more year for further growth physically and skills
I'd prefer the AHL. He can play against a similar quality opponent, but he can also learn the North American game on the smaller ice.

Zadina was drafted 6th overall five years ago in a mediocre draft class, and has done close to nothing since. Don’t get why people give a shit about him.

Back