• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

The kid is 135 pounds , Hutson puts him to shame

Slim chance Habs pick in the top 5 next year barring a disaster year with injuries and bad play
You and I are quite familiar with him of course with the Mooseheads. I'm quite surprised what's happened with him; he was really something here. Of course, I said the same about Drouin. I'd say I must be a bad scout, but the draft position of both says otherwise. Timo Meier, Nick Ehlers, even Nico Hischier-I thought Zadina would be the best of the lot.
He was on a pretty stacked team. I wonder if that had an impact on how much open ice he had.
what a gamble he's taking on himself.

when will he sign in the KHL?

He was on a pretty stacked team. I wonder if that had an impact on how much open ice he had.

when will he sign in the KHL?
Well, he only played one year here and it was a decent, not great,team that had 93 points and lost in the second round. The top three scorers were Otto Sompii, Zadina, and Maxime Fortier, in that order. Zadina was far and away the star.

But yeah, there are serious questions now as to whether he is worth anything to anyone.

Well, he only played one year here and it was a decent, not great,team that had 93 points and lost in the second round. The top three scorers were Otto Sompii, Zadina, and Maxime Fortier, in that order. Zadina was far and away the star.
Some players dont make it to the next level

It's kind of funny that they drafted a Russian, not named Mickov, and then he goes ahead and signs a 3 year deal in Russia.
I'm sure they had no idea one of the two token Russians was signing in the KHL whereby making him a prospect in name only.

Like I said draft day, will never wear the jersey.

Tokens are used to appease a special interest.

Your idea that they signed a token Russian is nonsensical unless there is a small but rabid pro Russian contingent among Hab season tickets holder that I’m unaware of.

If the Habs have so little regard for the value of 4th round picks (which I doubt) they might as well draft a Québécois as a token gesture.

Not just that, I watched a highlights pack for him and... There weren't many highs. He quite possibly has the weakest shot from the point I've ever seen from a pro hockey player.

There are attributes. He has a good stick, can break plays up, makes a good pass... . . . . but that's about it, really.

Per his Russian agent: Michkov apparently let Yotes & Caps know he had no interest in meeting or playing for them. Ducks seriously were considering MM.

Back