• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Sure… but I think it’s a little rigid to make a big fuss about half an inch
where is the cut off though, if 5'11 is basically 6'0, then 5'10 is basically 5'11 which is basically 6'0 and 5'9 is basically 5'10. You should not judge a player solely on height but as has been pointed out, very few dmen under 6'0 remain in the playoffs and few forwards. It is what it is.

5’11-6’0 doesn’t bother me at all. 5’10 starts to be on the smaller side. I’m fine with 2-3 players umder 5’11 on the roster for forwards but I wouldn’t go much further than that.

5’11-6’0 doesn’t bother me at all. 5’10 starts to be on the smaller side. I’m fine with 2-3 players umder 5’11 on the roster for forwards but I wouldn’t go much further than that.

agree and only one sub 6 footer on the blueline MAX....here's looking at you Lane

Weight matters more than 5`11"

Newhook is built like a tank at 199 pounds

You can have a Marchessault or Stankoven who compete and play hard

But you cant have flakes like RHP on your playoff roster

RHP is not a flake, he’s a Gallagher type, but you can’t have than one of those guys

Exactly. I remember seeing some smaller NHL players up close over the years, like Mats Naslund, Pavel Bure, Cliff Ronning, etc. They weren't tall but they weren't slight when they were in full gear. Svoboda was a bit scrawny looking, and RHP looks like he'd be easy to push around. But not Newhook.

Last edited:
I like Catton as you know but Demidov is better, no doubts in my mind

I'm personally not convinced. Hard to gauge a Russian nowadays, especially one playing in a weak league, like the MHL, where on top of it all, there are still many Olympic sized ice surfaces. We will get the true answer in about 4-5 years :) . I hope they both hit as they'll be fun to watch.

Demidov had 2 PPG playing in the MHL. Catton had 1.7PPG playing in the WHL. I would bet anything he would've had above Demidov's 2PPG if he was in the MHL, especially with his rush game on the big ice surface.

Either way, they're both fantastic prospects with extremely high ceilings. And I believe they, along with Celebrini, are the only forwards in this draft that have an actual shot at being generational. And the stats I posted putting Catton in the same league as Crosby, Kane and Bedard, back that up. That's no small feat.

PS to all the size bro's: He's 5'11" 176lbs right now. He'll likely be at around 6' 185lb in the NHL. Nothing wrong with that. That's not smurf territory like RHP or Caulfield.

Unless Demidov played in the CHL as well this past season, I'm not sure yous can use that to compare Catton to him.
See my post above that I was writing as you posted this. The MHL is inferior to the CHL. Especially the WHL and OHL. Especially now that N/A flops don't go there to play due to the war issues.

Back