• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Why? Are they drafting the Norwegian guy at 5OA?
If Demigod is not available at 5OA, anyone they draft, including Lindstrom will set off a shitstorm, and that doesn’t include the meltdown if trading down or trading the pick for an established player

No one said Habs should,HuGo also don’t care which players fans are lukewarm to.

As for Sergachev, HuGo also traded Romanov to be able to acquire Dach - doesn’t look lopsided at all
But one can play than 2 games a year

Romy is a solid second pair D , Dach is a bust so far

Columbus is all that stops it IMO

Hawks have too many short finesse forwards in the system , desperate for top pair D

Ducks are loaded with skill and size upfront

I think Lindstrom goes to CBJ

I get this feeling Senneke is our guy
Which will set off the shitstorm..

Columbus is all that stops it IMO

Hawks have too many short finesse forwards in the system , desperate for top pair D

Ducks are loaded with skill and size upfront

I think Lindstrom goes to CBJ

I get this feeling Senneke is our guy
I promise you Hawks are better than 50/50 to take Demidov.

Only moron GM's put team need over taking BPA at 2 overall when you are minimum 2 years away from mattering.

I'm not interested in Zegras. His skill & point totals are nice, but there's no edge to his game and I don't think it's normal that a team in the depth of the NHL is trying to trade a 22 year old 2nd line center.

Sorry, there's a reason they're trying to get rid of him. I'm not looking to take on another team's problem.

The mistake we made was to let Philly trade Gauthier to Anaheim, unfortunately. That was the trade to make.

I'm not interested in Zegras. His skill & point totals are nice, but there's no edge to his game and I don't think it's normal that a team in the depth of the NHL is trying to trade a 22 year old 2nd line center.

Sorry, there's a reason they're trying to get rid of him. I'm not looking to take on another team's problem.

The mistake we made was to let Philly trade Gauthier to Anaheim, unfortunately. That was the trade to make.
I have my reservations on Zegras as well. But that’s always the issue with the “draft D, trade D for forwards” philosophy. All the forwards that will be available for trade will have the same concerns, why would a team trade a young talented forward if there is no concerns with him? We will have to trade for a Zegras-type forward down the line if we draft a D. Different flaws but most certainly some flaws.

That being said, wasn’t it a bit the same situation with Seguin when he was traded?

Also if Gauthier didn’t want to play for Philly, he wouldn’t have wanted to play here either.

I have my reservations on Zegras as well. But that’s always the issue with the “draft D, trade D for forwards” philosophy. All the forwards that will be available for trade will have the same concerns, why would a team trade a young talented forward if there is no concerns with him? We will have to trade for a Zegras-type forward down the line if we draft a D. Different flaws but most certainly some flaws.

That being said, wasn’t it a bit the same situation with Seguin when he was traded?

Also if Gauthier didn’t want to play for Philly, he wouldn’t have wanted to play here either.
I feel like Seguin was a way better player when he was traded than currently with Zegras, who gives me extreme Robbie Schremf energy

I'm not sure he didn't want to play for Philly because of the city. Apparently, he got pissed off at them when they didn't want to sign him to an ELC after his first year in the NCAA. Now, whether or not that's true... We'll continue to speculate.

But Cutter Gauthier would have been the exact type of player this team needs. Besides Slafkovsky, I would have traded any player/prospect on this team to get him.

For Seguin, his situation is different. He was an immature kid that produced in the playoffs on a Cup contending team, as opposed to a bottom of the barrel team like Anaheim. Was it more management or the players that got fed up with him? I always thought it was a bit of both, but possibly a little more with management.

I feel like Seguin was a way better player when he was traded than currently with Zegras, who gives me extreme Robbie Schremf energy
He was traded at 21, best season with Bruins he had 67 points, then a disappointing 32 in 48 points after the lockout. But he was a 2nd overall.

But the reasons were similar, mostly skill and finesse, lack of grit, questionable work ethic, just not a fit for the Bruins style of play. Plus he was apparently just having a bit too much fun.

I'm not sure he didn't want to play for Philly because of the city. Apparently, he got pissed off at them when they didn't want to sign him to an ELC after his first year in the NCAA. Now, whether or not that's true... We'll continue to speculate.

But Cutter Gauthier would have been the exact type of player this team needs. Besides Slafkovsky, I would have traded any player/prospect on this team to get him.

For Seguin, his situation is different. He was an immature kid that produced in the playoffs on a Cup contending team, as opposed to a bottom of the barrel team like Anaheim. Was it more management or the players that got fed up with him? I always thought it was a bit of both, but possibly a little more with management.
I agree that Gauthier would have been a great fit, I still suspect we might have had a hard time signing him. But who knows, it's all speculation.

Produced in the playoffs is a bit much, he had 1G 7A in 22 games in their Cup year.

I agree that Gauthier would have been a great fit, I still suspect we might have had a hard time signing him. But who knows, it's all speculation.

Produced in the playoffs is a bit much, he had 1G 7A in 22 games in their Cup year.
They lost in the finals that year to Chicago.

He won the Cup in his rookie year, 7 points in 13 games (in reality, he got 6 points in the first two games he played in). He was a healthy scratch to start the playoffs and then only started playing in the Eastern Conference finals. You're right to say that saying he "produced" in the playoffs was a stretch.

Back