• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Except history has shown that 95% of NHL GMs will never trade down

Getting more picks isn’t that attractive in the NHL, unlike in the NFL where getting more picks is an opportunity to address multiple needs immediately

With Waddell taking over CBJ, very high probability that CBJ drafts a forward. We could end up with Levshunov (or trade down a spot or two).

Heard a burp today (hearsay but close to source).

Do you move Guhle for Zegras?

There's also a second part after this party is discussed.

Heard a burp today (hearsay but close to source).

Do you move Guhle for Zegras?

There's also a second part after this party is discussed.
Both with recent injury struggles. Both IMO took a step back in their play last season. Zegras is only a year older, but had 61pts in 75 games his first full season at 20 years old. Very impressive for such a young, smallish center in the NHL. On the other hand, Guhle with 22 points in 44 games his rookie year with hardly any PP time, is a good indicator of more if he gets some PP time.

Guhle very well liked by his teammates. Zegras, not sure. But I'm sure the Caulfield factor plays into it if our MGT is looking seriously at this.

23 year old centers with elite potential and proven output are very hard to come by. LD's, not so much. I think you have to make this trade.

On the other hand. If you love Guhle, you just pick a certain center at 5 about the same size and talent that can be Zegras maybe as soon as next year, and keep Guhle ;)

I don't see why we have to part with Guhle when everyone already knows that the Ducks want to get rid of Zegras. Offer them Harris and the 26th pick. If they say no, fuck em.

It's also about how badly we want Zegras. I'm pretty lukewarm myself. He's a nifty little player but I won't lose sleep over him if he gets traded elsewhere. I'm not sure I want to lose Guhle for him.

Back