• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

I think Lindstrom game actually translates well for the NHL. He already plays a pro power forward game, cycling the puck, creating room, crashing the net, leveraging his teammates, making himself open as an option. Good shot, good release. And he’s far from a finished product so he has room to develop. I don’t see him as a play driver on any line but a nice complimentary piece that you can put on any line, either wing or center as needed. I maintain my 60 points average prediction but he has room to grow and even in the NHL he’ll be one of the biggest strongest forwards in the league. He’s too good a fit for this team to pass up. He’s just not the most exciting player but I think he can be effective.
I agree, totally. I figure his ceiling is 65 pts if healthy. So I guess we only differ in our yardstick for translating.

Nope. But believe what you want. I've clearly stated my take on his goal-scoring numerous times. If you think 19 assists in 32 games for a top-5 center is fine, great. Your opinion. If I want to draft a pure goal scorer, I'd take Eiserman for one, and not have to worry as much if he's going to be a regular in the IR along with Price and others.

34 is basically Ovy prime at center , pure goal scorers

34 is not CMD or Nate who control the play and make others better

If I was the first team team picking a D, it would be Buium, and only Buium. Won't be as good/dominant as Maker . . . but not that far off. Also, his brother Shiah is 6'4" so Zeev will likely grow a little more and max. out around 6'2".

If I was the first team team picking a D, it would be Buium, and only Buium. Won't be as good/dominant as Maker . . . but not that far off. Also, his brother Shiah is 6'4" so Zeev will likely grow a little more and max. out around 6'2".
Hey look at you going against consensus of pro scouts and scouting services.

I've seen several "draft experts" suggest Buium in the top 5, so it's not that "out there" as they say. Just a little.
At least one scout in McKenzie rankings had Sennecke at 5, so that's not completely out there either. Just saying. :)

Obviously I'm busting your balls. Buium is a fine prospect, not sure I would rank him as #1 defenseman though but there is a debate to be had.

There's an excellent point that was brought up by GrandWazoo a few pages ago.

Before this season started, Lindstrom was almost universally projected as a late first / early second round. The earliest ranking I saw him in was 16th.

32 regular season games vaulted him to a projected lottery pick. Was he that convincing in those 32 games? Hell if I know. I really wished he had played a full season. I don't count the 4 playoff games because he returned to play before he was healthy and didn't play well.

That's worrisome to me. I don't like the idea of spending a lottery pick on a guy where I have more questions than I do answers.

The second thing about him: The way he plays translates much more into a winger than center in the NHL.

I have no idea how he'll turn out because I haven't seen him play and in general, a lot of the scouts are guessing based on a thirty game sample. If we take him and he's just a 50-60 point winger, that's a massive failure.

Before this season started, Lindstrom was almost universally projected as a late first / early second round. The earliest ranking I saw him in was 16th.

32 regular season games vaulted him to a projected lottery pick. Was he that convincing in those 32 games? Hell if I know. I really wished he had played a full season. I don't count the 4 playoff games because he returned to play before he was healthy and didn't play well.

That's worrisome to me. I don't like the idea of spending a lottery pick on a guy where I have more questions than I do answers.

The second thing about him: The way he plays translates much more into a winger than center in the NHL.

I have no idea how he'll turn out because I haven't seen him play and in general, a lot of the scouts are guessing based on a thirty game sample. If we take him and he's just a 50-60 point winger, that's a massive failure.
Yep, lots of question marks, no a lot of international play either (Hlinka, 2 points in 4 games). Played with McKenna and Basha. He was never the play driver of his line or the PP.

I think that if we draft him, it has to be with the optics that we're ok drafting a 6'4 50-60 points winger. There is definitely value in that type of player, especially for our team, and I wouldn't qualify this as a major failure, but is this really what we want to spend our 5th overall pick on? That being said we need to look at the alternatives. Iginla is probably a 50 points winger, I wouldn't draft him over Lindstrom. Catton is a skilled but frailed center, maybe winger in the pros, remains to see how his play translate to the NHL, if he can't crack the top 6 his value drops significantly. Eiserman, way too many red flags in his play. Then there is Sennecke, who's probably my favorite alternative to Lindstrom, he's a late riser with a huge growth spurts, good size and highly skilled. He'd be my personal pick over Lindstrom personally.

Or we draft a defenseman but I don't see it, unless Levshunov drops to us.

fuck em

It's worrisome because we always take the late risers and the only one looking like he may pan is Slafkovsky

Back