• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Well, lol all you want, bro. I have a thick skin. People out there also lol'd when I was emphatic that Wright was way overrated, based on watching him in his D year in Kingston. My picks were Cooley/Slaf. And that Slaf would become a top-line forward. This when he was struggling before December. I base my opinions on watching the players myself. Not over the hype on the internet or anyone's mock draft lists. And there is no disputing the facts I mentioned. They speak for themselves. I'm more than humble enough to admit I was wrong in any situation.
I gave it a LOL because you’re basically asking us to completely disregard multiple professional scouting services, and NHL scouting departments, and just accept your views as being the final word.

I gave it a LOL because you’re basically asking us to completely disregard multiple professional scouting services, and NHL scouting departments, and just accept your views as being the final word.

They make mistakes. And they largely don't factor in injuries. And size always seems to get more hype not only by the scouts, but by the teams who pick guys like KK, Jason Ward, Poehling, McCarron and countless others. And it's OK, I respect your views and actually being Greek, vigorous debate is in my blood. The only difference is we're not at a cafe, sipping strong coffee and playing backgammon while we battle in debates. 🇬🇷:coffee:

Edit: Just noticed the "your views are the final word" comment. Now it's my turn to LOL. You're a lawyer, right? Show me where I've said ANYTHING even remotely resembling that accusation? It's called an "opinion". All you can say is that you rely on scouting reports found on the internet. I watch them play. A lot. I enjoy it. I'm more than willing to eat crow if my "opinions" are proven wrong over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
That critique is agenda driven
Why? It's my objective opinion. The only "agenda" I have, is that I want the Habs to make the best pick at #5. I don't have anything against Lindstrom personally. Nor do I have any agenda to favor Catton or others. Just my take. That's all.

He's just stating his opinion, and speaking of which, what do you like about Lindstrom? Without relying on others' opinions from scouting services?

that is why I rarely comment on who I want (other than to say it was not the guy we took in case that turns out badly) given I literally have no idea who any of these guys are, don't watch junior hockey etc.

that is why I rarely comment on who I want (other than to say it was not the guy we took in case that turns out badly) given I literally have no idea who any of these guys are, don't watch junior hockey etc.
I watch a lot due to being forced into early retirement, and having IPTV where I can watch every game from almost any league in the world. I've always followed prospects as a hobby. Been wrong many times, been right many times. 'Cause ultimately, it's a crap-shoot. Thus the Zadina's, Yakupovs or on the other side, the MSL's and Gallaghers etc.

But I think you mentioned one time you wanted Kate Beckinsale :D

My apologies if I am wrong

Back