• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

I'd pick Sennecke over the other two personally. All can be useful players though but I don't think there is a true top line player in that group (neither is Lindstrom btw) but I think Sennecke has an outside shot to develop into one.

And OHL players are typically the easiest to evaluate.

I'd pick Sennecke over the other two personally. All can be useful players though but I don't think there is a true top line player in that group (neither is Lindstrom btw) but I think Sennecke has an outside shot to develop into one.
Sennecke looks like one of those players whose runway just started

Huge growth spurt but he had a monster playoff

You dont want the best 18 year old , you want a star at 21-22

Sennecke looks like one of those players whose runway just started

Huge growth spurt but he had a monster playoff

You dont want the best 18 year old , you want a star at 21-22
Potential is really high with him, high skill set, good size.

Although Patrick's issues were migraine, that's a much harder issue to fix/address.
Migrane`s , double hernia surgery

Players who get multiple injuries in junior scare me taking high in the lottery

Lindstrom has a huge size advantage and still got a serious back injury that is slowly healing

Migrane`s , double hernia surgery

Players who get multiple injuries in junior scare me taking high in the lottery

Lindstrom has a huge size advantage and still got a serious back injury that is slowly healing
Lindstrom's injuries scares me more than his lack of high end skills. Barring injuries issues, he'll be an effective NHL player that all teams would love to have. Complimentary yes but he would balance really well the rest of our roster. And maybe he finds another gear in his offense, like Brady, although Brady had better vision and playmaking skills, Lindstrom is still very raw.

I like the comparison Keith Primeau (Lindstrom) vs Spezza/Scheifele (Sennecke but as winger). Those are lofty stylistic projections but are not that far off their ceilings imo.

Lindstrom and Iginla are the most overrated, overhyped top-5 prospects since, well...Shane Wright.

How on earth does Lindstrom get this hype having only played 32 games in his draft year. A center with only 19 assists. And 2 points in 4 playoff games. But 14 minutes in penalties. I watched most of those games. Not only was he outplayed by Basha, by a long shot, but he put his team behind the 8-ball often with stupid penalties. So if we want to waste a 5th overall pick for an injury-prone, low-IQ player, who has little to no vision (thus 19 assists), then we deserve what we'll end-up with. And this on a stacked team featuring MacKenna and Basha etc.

As far as Iginla goes. Again, if we want to waste a 5th overall pick for a kid who's ceiling is more likely to be no higher than Gallagher - MINUS the sandpaper and pest-factor, again, we'll deserve our fate. And this playing on a decently stacked team, featuring Andrew Cristall and Cayden Price.

The only 4 forwards I'd consider in that top-5 are Celebrini (no chance), Catton, Demidov(if injuries are investigated and cleared by our staff), and Sennecke. I don't like Demidov's skating mechanics. But, that IS fixable. But you can't fix IQ and vision. And God-given athleticism which translate to high upside skillsets. And as you guys already know, I favor Catton as he doesn't have ANY legitimate flags. None.

Last edited:
Lindstrom and Iginla are the most overrated, overhyped top-5 prospects since, well...Shane Wright.

How on earth does Lindstrom get this hype having only played 32 games in his draft year. A center with only 19 assists. And 2 points in 4 playoff games. But 14 minutes in penalties. I watched most of those games. Not only was he outplayed by Basha, by a long shot, but he put his team behind the 8-ball often with stupid penalties. So if we want to waste a 5th overall pick for an injury-prone, low-IQ player, who has little to no vision (thus 19 assists), then we deserve what we'll end-up with. And this on a stacked team featuring MacKenna and Basha etc.

As far as Iginla goes. Again, if we want to waste a 5th overall pick for a kid who's ceiling is more likely to be no higher than Gallagher - MINUS the sandpaper and pest-factor, again, we'll deserve our fate. And this playing on a decently stacked team, featuring Andrew Cristall and Cayden Price.

The only 4 forwards I'd consider in that top-5 are Celebrini (no chance), Catton, Demidov(if injuries are investigated and cleared by our staff), and Sennecke. I don't like Demidov's skating mechanics. But, that IS fixable. But you can't fix IQ and vision. And God-given athleticism which translate to high upside skillsets. And as you guys already know, I favor Catton as he doesn't have ANY legitimate flags. None.
No offense, and I mean this with no disrespect . . . but that post merits a huge LOL.

No offense, and I mean this with no disrespect . . . but that post merits a huge LOL.
Well, lol all you want, bro. I have a thick skin. People out there also lol'd when I was emphatic that Wright was way overrated, based on watching him in his D year in Kingston. My picks were Cooley/Slaf. And that Slaf would become a top-line forward. This when he was struggling before December. I base my opinions on watching the players myself. Not over the hype on the internet or anyone's mock draft lists. And there is no disputing the facts I mentioned. They speak for themselves. I'm more than humble enough to admit if I was wrong, no matter the situation.

Last edited:
Catton reminds me a bit of Cooley, maybe not as good as a skater as Cooley. I think he has legit 2nd line center potential.
Similar in some ways. Both excellent skaters, especially edge-work. Both excellent stickhandlers. I think the 3 areas Catton has a clear edge, are IQ, competitiveness, and deceptiveness. Cooley is very good on those 3, but I believe Catton is a clear level higher.

Love how you skipped over 27 goals in those 32 games 😂
I recognize those 27 goals. My issue is he's a center, and his assists/goal ratio is bottom of the barrel relatively speaking. And the other factor, from games I've watched, is he gets a lot of those goals due to being a monster-sized guy, playing vs many puny 16 year olds. If it's goalscoring we want, may as well take Eiserman. Who doesn't score because he's given time and space due to intimidating teenagers. And has no injury concerns.

PS: Case and point. 2 pts in the playoffs largely because Red Deer put 6'5" 243lb D man Fabrizi on the ice every time he was. He disappeared around him.

I recognize those 27 goals. My issue is he's a center, and his assists/goal ratio is bottom of the barrel relatively speaking. And the other factor, from games I've watched, is he gets a lot of those goals due to being a monster-sized guy, playing vs many puny 16 year olds. If it's goalscoring we want, may as well take Eiserman. Who doesn't score because he's given time and space due to intimidating teenagers.
That size advantage is gone in the NHL

Back