• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

McCagg says that Sennecke will be a 90-100 point wing, while Lindstrom will be a 55-60 point center, in the NHL. From what I've seen from Grant, however, his only "talent" as a scout, which I'm not even sure he actually is anymore, appears to be correctly guessing who the Habs will pick, not who will actually be good in the NHL.
And that likely comes from a scout buddy of his

There's some question to Demidov's skating too.

You know who else had skating question mark? Wayne Gretzky.

The good ones can slow the game down to their level.

McCagg says that Sennecke will be a 90-100 point wing, while Lindstrom will be a 55-60 point center, in the NHL. From what I've seen from Grant, however, his only "talent" as a scout, which I'm not even sure he actually is anymore, appears to be correctly guessing who the Habs will pick, not who will actually be good in the NHL.
90-100 sounds crazy for Sennecke but 50-60 is my projection for Lindstron as well.

That being said Sennecke is way more skilled than Lindstrom, it’s not even close. Probably the best hands in the draft after Demidov. Great vision too.

I don’t think Sennecke is crazy at 5. This is a weird draft, rankings don’t mean much this year.

Especially if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone at 5 then Sennecke suddenly makes a lot of sense.

90-100 sounds crazy for Sennecke but 50-60 is my projection for Lindstron as well.

That being said Sennecke is way more skilled than Lindstrom, it’s not even close. Probably the best hands in the draft after Demidov. Great vision too.
if thats your projection for Lindstrom WTF bother taking him at 5

if thats your projection for Lindstrom WTF bother taking him at 5
Because players with those dimensions are rare, every teams are looking for them, and can really make a difference in the playoffs. You just have to be realistic with expectations, I don't see high end skills but the skills he has are very translatable to the NHL game.

I hear ya. Just don’t know if Sennecke, Iginla or Catton really move the ball.

Fingers crossed for Demidov, I guess.
I'd pick Sennecke over the other two personally. All can be useful players though but I don't think there is a true top line player in that group (neither is Lindstrom btw) but I think Sennecke has an outside shot to develop into one.

There's some question to Demidov's skating too.

You know who else had skating question mark? Wayne Gretzky.

The good ones can slow the game down to their level.
Well, Gretzky is a once in a lifetime talent. Demidov looks awesome... But there's a lot of questions. Size, skating, level of competition... He appears to have huge talent... Hopefully it's enough to overcome everything else.

Back