• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Are Pronman's mocks typically reasonably accurate?

Also, I wouldn't be so sure that CBJ picks a D at 4. Their pipeline is good at all positions except gaolie. Theu might just pick BPA, which at 4 is probably not Dickinson.
IMO Bobby Mac final rankings are the good standard, and I also like the work Mark Edwards does at HockeyProspect - their last ranking was in Jan (Demigod was #5), but will be issuing their yearly prospect black book in a couple of weeks.

Edwards has been pumping Norwegian Stian Solberg since beginning of the year as a potential 1st rounder - and he’s having a terrific WC on a weak Norway team. Solberg though a LD, could be a good late 1st round pickup for Habs

View: https://x.com/TSNHockey/status/1793358898688077877

Button's update...is something.

Top 15:
1. Macklin Celebrini - C
2. Ivan Demidov - LW
3. Konsta Helenius - C
4. Tij Iginla - LW
5. Zayne Parekh - D
6. Zeev Buium - D
7. Artyom Levshunov - D
8. Sam Dickinson - D
9. Cole Eiserman - LW
10. Cayden Lindstrom - C
11. Carter Yakemchuk - D
12. Beckett Sennecke - RW
13. Terik Parascak - RW
14. Berkly Catton - C
15. Stian Solberg - D
(16. Anton Silayev - D)

Top 15:
1. Macklin Celebrini - C
2. Ivan Demidov - LW
3. Konsta Helenius - C
4. Tij Iginla - LW
5. Zayne Parekh - D
6. Zeev Buium - D
7. Artyom Levshunov - D
8. Sam Dickinson - D
9. Cole Eiserman - LW
10. Cayden Lindstrom - C
11. Carter Yakemchuk - D
13. Terik Parascak - RW
14. Berkly Catton - C
15. Stian Solberg - D
(16. Anton Silayev - D)

View: https://media3.giphy.com/media/ltIFdjNAasOwVvKhvx/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523g67t5403gk252u27d7rko848tbajo6zz1zxeyat&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Top 15:
1. Macklin Celebrini - C
2. Ivan Demidov - LW
3. Konsta Helenius - C
4. Tij Iginla - LW
5. Zayne Parekh - D
6. Zeev Buium - D
7. Artyom Levshunov - D
8. Sam Dickinson - D
9. Cole Eiserman - LW
10. Cayden Lindstrom - C
11. Carter Yakemchuk - D
13. Terik Parascak - RW
14. Berkly Catton - C
15. Stian Solberg - D
(16. Anton Silayev - D)

Button loves doing this his lists are about what he would do and not what teams would.

Iginla at four? Nothing to do with his friendship to Jerome. Naw.

Button loves doing this his lists are about what he would do and not what teams would.

Iginla at four? Nothing to do with his friendship to Jerome. Naw.
I would 100% take Buium before Dickinson, and people in Columbus have started to talk about Iginla at 4 so it's not as crazy as it may seem to you.

I’m still of the opinion that it’ll be Lindstrom or Demidov. I would like to see it be Demidov to dissuade the no Russian high pick.

Still not 100% sure they'd take him.
I want Lidstrom as he's big and it will be cool to have two ways of spelling the same first name on the same team.

IMO Bobby Mac final rankings are the good standard, and I also like the work Mark Edwards does at HockeyProspect - their last ranking was in Jan (Demigod was #5), but will be issuing their yearly prospect black book in a couple of weeks.

Edwards has been pumping Norwegian Stian Solberg since beginning of the year as a potential 1st rounder - and he’s having a terrific WC on a weak Norway team. Solberg though a LD, could be a good late 1st round pickup for Habs
Different lists. Mackenzie does rankings by polling a bunch of scouts. Pronman does mocks trying to predict what each teams will do.

Last year he predicted Fantilli falling to 3rd and Habs drafting Reinbacjer, going 5-5 in the top 5.

Top 15:
1. Macklin Celebrini - C
2. Ivan Demidov - LW
3. Konsta Helenius - C
4. Tij Iginla - LW
5. Zayne Parekh - D
6. Zeev Buium - D
7. Artyom Levshunov - D
8. Sam Dickinson - D
9. Cole Eiserman - LW
10. Cayden Lindstrom - C
11. Carter Yakemchuk - D
13. Terik Parascak - RW
14. Berkly Catton - C
15. Stian Solberg - D
(16. Anton Silayev - D)

Wow!! Helenius at 3!?!?!?

But won’t help you make them

5. Montreal Canadiens​

The Athletic: Ivan Demidov, F, SKA-1946 (MHL)​

ESPN: Tij Iginla, F, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)​

SportsGrid: Cayden Lindstrom, F, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)​

Montreal scoops up Demidov and Lindstrom in two of these mock drafts. The other keeps with the theme of forwards with Iginla. The son of Hockey Hall of Famer Jarome Iginla, his puck skills and skate speed make him a scoring threat. He needs to improve on the other end of the ice but could develop with time.

ESPN: "In every draft year, there is a riser. Tij Iginla is that guy in 2024... Even if all his offensive talents don't translate to the NHL level, Iginla's ability to impact the game as a 200-foot player give him a higher floor than those of other offensive talents. If he hits his ceiling, he's a serious candidate to be a 70-point scoring winger who can play in tough matchups. Those are quite rare in today's NHL."

SportsGrid: "It's no secret that the Montreal Canadiens are looking to add a forward here. GM Kent Hughes has confirmed as much, which leads the Habs brass being thrilled that big center Cayden Lindstrom remains on the board."

McCagg says that Sennecke will be a 90-100 point wing, while Lindstrom will be a 55-60 point center, in the NHL. From what I've seen from Grant, however, his only "talent" as a scout, which I'm not even sure he actually is anymore, appears to be correctly guessing who the Habs will pick, not who will actually be good in the NHL.

Last edited:
The knock on Sennecke, apparently, was that he goes quiet from time to time. But it seems he was really consistent during the playoffs until he got hurt.

Some have him cracking the top 10, but that feels like a reach at 5.

Back