• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

There was a long piece on Cayden in the Athletic where his former coaches praised his athletic freakiness and compete level...but the comparables mentioned were Roope Hintz and Chris Krieder
Which would be fantastic. I'd be very happy to take him and have him end up there.

Of course, if that's his ceiling, it's very likely that he never reaches that.

You already know what I would do.

Sam Dickinson's my guy. I think the world of him. He's the prototypical minute eating d-man that can play in any role. Would be a tremendous compliment to Reinbacher.

The fact that we have a bunch of LHD wouldn't prevent me from taking him. The Harris, Struble, Matheson types are all going to be gone by the time we're contenders. Possibly Xhekaj too.

A left side of:

Dickinson
Guhle
Hutson

(Order 'em how you will)

That's extremely appealing to me.

I'll continue to maintain: There isn't a first pairing LHD in our system. I think Reinbacher might be our first pairing RHD, but he'll need someone to play with. I'm of the belief that Dickinson could be your first pairing LHD.

I don't think Guhle's it and I think we'd be doing him a disservice if we're playing him on the first pairing. Hutson, who the hell knows what he's going to turn into, but Quinn Hughes hasn't been playing the same these playoffs as he has in the regular season. That's concerning to me. There aren't a ton of small players playing defense in the NHL and until I see it, I'll always be skeptical about Hutson, as unfair as that might be.

What I wonder is, how many of the LHD can be transitioned to playing on the right side without too much drop off? We've played Guhle on the right, but I think it's clear that he's more comfortable on the left. Maybe he'll grow into it over time, but can Xhekaj play on the right? Could Engstrom play on the right in the NHL?

(All that to say, we're taking Lindstrom)

Yeah I’m not opposed to Dickinson myself but I think we’re picking Demidov, Lindstrom or Sennecke in that order depending on who’s available (strongly assuming Levshunov is not). Maybe it’s Iginla ahead of Sennecke but I’ll put my money on Sennecke ahead of Iginla.

You already know what I would do.

Sam Dickinson's my guy. I think the world of him. He's the prototypical minute eating d-man that can play in any role. Would be a tremendous compliment to Reinbacher.

The fact that we have a bunch of LHD wouldn't prevent me from taking him. The Harris, Struble, Matheson types are all going to be gone by the time we're contenders. Possibly Xhekaj too.

A left side of:

Dickinson
Guhle
Hutson

(Order 'em how you will)

That's extremely appealing to me.
BINGO

I think we're going to end up with one of Lindstrom, Iginla or Sennecke.

Not necessarily what I would do, but I'd be very surprised if they passed on Lindstrom if he's available.
If Demidov is available too at 5 they MIGHT pass on Lindstrom but I think they'd pick Lindstrom regardless and then tout his "projectability" 3-5 years down the road, like they did with Slaf . . . and they might be right again.

No chance that Dickinson is the pick.

5. Montreal Canadiens (Pick by Wheeler): Ivan Demidov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg
26. Montreal Canadiens (Pick by Wheeler): Lucas Pettersson, C, Modo
57. Montreal Canadiens (Pick by Pronman): Simon Zether, C, Rogle
Love the first pick, but the other 2 are meh. Pettersson definitely feels like a reach.

I'll continue to maintain: There isn't a first pairing LHD in our system. I think Reinbacher might be our first pairing RHD, but he'll need someone to play with. I'm of the belief that Dickinson could be your first pairing LHD.

I don't think Guhle's it and I think we'd be doing him a disservice if we're playing him on the first pairing. Hutson, who the hell knows what he's going to turn into, but Quinn Hughes hasn't been playing the same these playoffs as he has in the regular season. That's concerning to me. There aren't a ton of small players playing defense in the NHL and until I see it, I'll always be skeptical about Hutson, as unfair as that might be.

What I wonder is, how many of the LHD can be transitioned to playing on the right side without too much drop off? We've played Guhle on the right, but I think it's clear that he's more comfortable on the left. Maybe he'll grow into it over time, but can Xhekaj play on the right? Could Engstrom play on the right in the NHL?

(All that to say, we're taking Lindstrom)
Exactly , I get it if this draft had 5 cant miss studs that you can draft for need

Dickinson would be our top D stud prospect and it isnt even close

You nab that 15 year Pietro when you get the chance

This draft has 1 cant miss forward in Mack and thats it

Sure others will emerge but this draft is loaded with top 1-3D that is so fucken hard to find

As others have mentioned Lindstrom might be in that 60-70 point range if all goes well , plus the back issues that is healing slowly

A 2 way horse on D is way more valuable than this

Habs cant fuck up this draft , maybe the last time we are top 5 in a while

Get creative with Peg`s pick and our draft/prospect capital depth but dont force a reach/gamble at # 5 like 2018

Exactly , I get it if this draft had 5 cant miss studs that you can draft for need

Dickinson would be our top D stud prospect and it isnt even close

You nab that 15 year Pietro when you get the chance

This draft has 1 cant miss forward in Mack and thats it

Sure others will emerge but this draft is loaded with top 1-3D that is so fucken hard to find

As others have mentioned Lindstrom might be in that 60-70 point range if all goes well , plus the back issues that is healing slowly

A 2 way horse on D is way more valuable than this

Habs cant fuck up this draft , maybe the last time we are top 5 in a while

Get creative with Peg`s pick and our draft/prospect capital depth but dont force a reach/gamble at # 5 like 2018
It’s easier to find top pair defenders later in the draft than top line forwards.

If Demidov is available too at 5 they MIGHT pass on Lindstrom but I think they'd pick Lindstrom regardless and then tout his "projectability" 3-5 years down the road, like they did with Slaf . . . and they might be right again.

No chance that Dickinson is the pick.
If they pass on Demidov I’m going to throw a fit. Skill wise it’s not even close to Lindstrom.

Back