• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

I remember seeing Michkov at the draft with his resting douchebag expression, wearing his gaudy Rolex. The only things missing were an Adidas track suit, gold chains and a live bear in the back seat of his car. If he has a clause in his contract that stipulates that he gets first line minutes whether he earns them or not the Flyers would be wise to tell him not to bother coming.
I don't think these are Michkovs conditions. Sounds more like his representatives and his team, SKA. Tell me, why should SKA do the NHL and/or any western hockey bodies any favors? Michkov is under contract till 2026. They're trying to make the best deal for them and Michkov. Remember, we banned Russia from all international competition. They don't owe us a thing.

As for your other comments, that's a lot of assuming you're doing. I don't know truly if Michkov is a bad character. But I do know some of the VERY best people I've had the pleasure of knowing, are Russian. And the same goes for Ukrainian. Matter of fact, every-day Russians and Ukrainians consider each other brothers/sisters. And the situation over there is much more complicated, and not so cut and dry, as we are told. This coming from Ukrainian friends as well as Russian friends.

I don't think these are Michkovs conditions. Sounds more like his representatives and his team, SKA. Tell me, why should SKA do the NHL and/or any western hockey bodies any favors? Michkov is under contract till 2026. They're trying to make the best deal for them and Michkov. Remember, we banned Russia from all international competition. They don't owe us a thing.

As for your other comments, that's a lot of assuming you're doing. I don't know truly if Michkov is a bad character. But I do know some of the VERY best people I've had the pleasure of knowing, are Russian. And the same goes for Ukrainian. Matter of fact, every-day Russians and Ukrainians consider each other brothers/sisters. And the situation over there is much more complicated, and not so cut and dry, as we are told. This coming from Ukrainian friends as well as Russian friends.
Lots of Russians and Ukranians are also married to each other.

Yeah, there will definitely be players that will become very good top 6 forwards/top 4 dmen available at 26. Just hope we end up with one.

Stankhoven and Trochek are the only sub-six feet tall top 6 forwards left in the playoffs. We don't really need three of them in our top 6 F group, do we? Please, no Catton.

Stankhoven and Trochek are the only sub-six feet tall top 6 forwards left in the playoffs. We don't really need three of them in our top 6 F group, do we? Please, no Catton.
True but they compete

LS is the only short Caufield one , VT is 5`11" 190 thats ok

I see the run on D before Catton

I'd love to take Demidov/Lindstrom at 5 and find a way to trade up for a Sennecke/Eiserman/Greentree/Connelly... one of them will be available in the 14-17 range. Hell... even though our D pipeline looks good... Yakemchuk might be available in that range. Some good players are going to slide into the mid to late teens.

Would be surprised if we didn’t trade 26th pick as part of package for an NHL forward. If the top 20 is good, then trading up might be costly. Connelly is the wild card if teams shy away from him.

I'd love to take Demidov/Lindstrom at 5 and find a way to trade up for a Sennecke/Eiserman/Greentree/Connelly... one of them will be available in the 14-17 range. Hell... even though our D pipeline looks good... Yakemchuk might be available in that range. Some good players are going to slide into the mid to late teens.
Our D pipeline might look good but these 2024 picks are 2-4 years away ...needs will change by then

Yakemchuk should go by # 12

There was a long piece on Cayden in the Athletic where his former coaches praised his athletic freakiness and compete level...but the comparables mentioned were Roope Hintz and Chris Krieder

There was a long piece on Cayden in the Athletic where his former coaches praised his athletic freakiness and compete level...but the comparables mentioned were Roope Hintz and Chris Krieder
That was his summer coach talking about who they are looking at to model his game after.

Reactions: CH1
Back