• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Why is that?
Every year I would bet against any individual player outside of the consensus can't miss guys like Celebrini, Bedard, Fantili, Carlson scoring at that level. Players like Leonard, Dvorsky, Lindstrom, Iginla, Sennecke and anyone else available at #5 each year becoming a 30/70 guy is unlikely. Obviously, I'd lose some bets... but I'm going to win the vast majority of those bets.

I believe Lindstrom has that potential, but from everything I've read and seen in videos... a realistic upside for him seems to be in that Svechnikov range. The chances of him or any prospect reaching their full (perceived) potential is always unlikely. Of course, there's always a chance that he exceeds what I or anyone else sees as his potential.

Seeing as we're unlikely to get a Svech or someone even better for the pick... I would be satisfied with Lindstrom. I think he will be a good player and hope that he's a great player.

Reactions: CH1
Merits? All I saw was conjecture.
You haven't exactly posted any data showing that Lindstrom will be a 40/80 guy. I mean, I could spend a bunch of time posting player after player who had significantly better statistics in their junior careers than Lindstrom who have never put up 30/70 in the NHL... but I don't think you need me to do that to show you that it's unlikely that players who scored at those levels in junior ever become NHL stars.

Funny enough, I've been one of the bigger Lindstrom guys in this thread, and I think he's our most likely pick. I'm happy with that... but I take the bird in hand right now. I believe we are on the cusp of becoming a competitive team and Svech would fit in perfectly right now.

Again though, that offer is more unlikely to be available than it is for anyone available at 5 to be a 30/70 guy.

Svech isn't a 30/70 guy. He hit 30 once playing with Aho. He's a 25/60 and that's if he manages to play 75 games.

I'm not overrating or understating the value of anyone. I don't take Svech at that salary (higher than Suzuki btw so you can immediately forget it) for maybe 65 points.

You gamble with your pick either way, that the prospect pans out or Svech has another level/better health.

I'm not taking on that contract without a dump going the other way.

Move onto the next player already, it will not be Svech.

I did suggest that I'd want to send Anderson their way. But yeah, it's all irrelevant since it's not a deal that will be on the table. Just killing time till the draft.

We've all acknowledged that Carolina wouldn't make the deal... But it was proposed as a hypothetical and we were discussing the merits, Captain Literal.
I was joking, obviously. I know that Sal is the poster who proposed it - who else could it have been?

BTW, I wouldn't rule out Sennecke at 5OA either, as unpopular as that would be with the fan base. While Grant may be an annoying jerk on his podcast, he seems to be well connected . If he said they might draft him at 5, which he did, I wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be super disappointed with any forward but Demidov or Lindstrom at 5... Maybe Eiserman. I'd move move back if we weren't taking one of those first 2. Or just take a dman and figure it out later. There are going to be teams that need good young D.

Yeah, I'd be super disappointed with any forward but Demidov or Lindstrom at 5... Maybe Eiserman. I'd move move back if we weren't taking one of those first 2. Or just take a dman and figure it out later. There are going to be teams that need good young D.
I guess I’d be okay with Iginla at 5 too but I’d take a chance on Eiserman there before Tij if Demidov and Lindstrom are off the table. But I don’t think the Habs brass will. Iginla seems to have a higher floor than Eiserman . . . if you believe the draftniks.

I personally find the Eiserman fall quite ridiculous. He’s one of the few forward in this draft with a clear elite skill and I think his shortcomings are way overblown. Size is good, skating is good, iq is good, compete could be better, defensive work could be better, shot selection could be better, but we’re talking about a guy that will score 25-30 goals in a bad year. Lindstrom will score 30 goals if everything pans out perfectly. I don’t know man.

This is one of the wildest drafts I can recall. Like, I feel when we look back in 5-7 years, there will be like 3 star forwards and 3 star dmen... And the redraft will be faaaaar different than the actual draft. A lot of teams are going to kick themselves. I just hope we aren't one of them.

This is one of the wildest drafts I can recall. Like, I feel when we look back in 5-7 years, there will be like 3 star forwards and 3 star dmen... And the redraft will be faaaaar different than the actual draft. A lot of teams are going to kick themselves. I just hope we aren't one of them.
I can’t recall a draft that wide open after #1, although in my book Levshunov and Demidov are clear top 3.

I agree. I actually think this is a great draft. Especially the top-20.

So the plot thickens with Michkov. Rotenberg said in an interview that basically they would be asking for a lot to let him out of his deal. IE, if he doesn't play on the 1st line and/or is sent down to the AHL, they would want him back in Russia. This is from a translation I read of the interview which was in Russian, so take it with a grain of salt.

Thus why many teams avoided Michkov, IMO. Demidov is a different case altogether, contractually.

I remember seeing Michkov at the draft with his resting douchebag expression, wearing his gaudy Rolex. The only things missing were an Adidas track suit, gold chains and a live bear in the back seat of his car. If he has a clause in his contract that stipulates that he gets first line minutes whether he earns them or not the Flyers would be wise to tell him not to bother coming.

It’s all gravy for Flyers. They weren’t supposed to see him for three years, now they get a great look him after 1 yr.

If he fails to earn a premium spot, they tell him what he needs to work on development wise and send him back to Russia.

Back