• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

We “hope” Demigod (assuming he’s there at 5OA) will become a min 30G player and not shy away from heavy traffic areas at playoff time for a smaller stature player, but it isn’t guaranteed…. and I’ve been on the Demigod bandwagon for a while
Apparently, the most you can hope for if you draft a Russian is that he'll even return your phone calls after you draft him.

60GP+ of Dach + Hutson PP impact + addition to top-6 scoring incorporating a combo of size + skill

Habs PP moving from bottom half of the league to top-10 / dare I say top-5

Add a top end scoring asset w combo of skating + size + finish + grit factor who isn’t scared of playing the game in the middle of the ice & driving to the net
1716050310391.gif

I mean I do Krusty's deal to jump up
I assume to take Demidov? I'd rather keep it and Roy and pick either Catton or Sennecke, in that order (if Demidov is gone). I can't wait to look back on these discussions after Catton and Roy connect for monster seasons with us ☝️:p(y). 2 elite IQ and skill players.

I've been high on Roy for awhile but he's not physical. I move him and take Levshunov

That guy is a D anchor in the making.

Then I package Winnipegs pick with whatever to move up. Maybe make a deal with SJ for 14 and go after Sennecke

Here's what I'm seeing in all this, if a center like Lindstrom, who has great scoring touch, is at 5? I'm not trading the pick for Svech then wonder why we don't have a big frontline center.

Now if you're talking Draisaitl? They can have all our picks this year.
LD is 29 when the season starts , hell no to the 12 mil he will get on this team that is still years away

Svech isn't proven. He's a good player but he's not a great player and never will be. I'll take the big center and gamble that he'll produce similarly at a valuable position.
I don’t think Lindstrom will be a center in the NHL. Not when vision, positioning and playmaking are your main areas of growth.

I've been high on Roy for awhile but he's not physical. I move him and take Levshunov

That guy is a D anchor in the making.

Then I package Winnipegs pick with whatever to move up. Maybe make a deal with SJ for 14 and go after Sennecke
As much as I like Lev, Demidov would be the target.

Back