• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Svech is overrated. Talk to some Canes fans. I do not give up a top five and cost certainty for him.
That’s what I hope Canes would say, a rare Ruskie is Svechnikov- size + speed + sniper shot w edge to his game, and doesn’t hesitate to go to tough areas

Injures have kept him from reaching 40G - which is what I expect he’ll get to

Last edited:
That’s what I hope Canes would say, a rare Ruskie is Svechnikov- size + speed + sniper shot w edge to his game, and doesn’t hesitate to go to tough areas

Injures have kept him from reaching 40G - which is what I expect he’ll get to
Necas is the interesting one, talented player that is being stiffled by the Canes system.

Some of you want to give up a potential ppg player on a cheaper contract for this...

View attachment 20556
We “hope” Demigod (assuming he’s there at 5OA) will become a min 30G player and not shy away from heavy traffic areas at playoff time for a smaller stature player, but it isn’t guaranteed…. and I’ve been on the Demigod bandwagon for a while

Funny. They won't do that anyway.

Svechnikov is overrated. Top five pick? Fuck no.
Meh, you get a big, talented winger who has already gone through his development and growing pains. And you get rid of Anderson.

I agree that Carolina wouldn't do it.

I'm really not sold on any of the forwards that could be available for us. Demidov looks good, but I have questions about the level of competition and he's pretty small on top of that.

I like Lindstrom, but a lot of people seem to have a lot of doubt about him. As much as I like him, I'm not sure I could expect him to ever be better than Svech is right now.

If management thinks we're ready to start competing... That deal makes a ton of sense imo.

It's more likely that Svechnikov is going to be a better player long-term than Lindstrom is.

While they're not the same type of players, I can't help but wonder if he's not like Elias Lindholm and needs to get out of there to really bloom.

But regardless, it's a moot point. Carolina's not trading him for the 5th overall pick, especially not with us.

You do 5OA for Svech?

I don't. You won't get 80 games often.
I think I would. How long before you get 80 NHL games 70ish point production? Maybe like 5 years? If ever.

I'd be less interested without getting rid of Anderson in the deal though.

I think you can't say that without knowing who's available at five.

I'm just not high on Svech. Look at the injury history.
I totally understand. I'm not saying I'd do it if it were me. But if my pro scouts and intel told me Svech is good to go health-wise, unless either (in my opinion) Catton or Demidov is there at 5, I take Svech and run. No way I do it for Iginla or Lindstrom. Adding a winger like him would probably make us a playoff beast as early as next year. And he fits our team age-wise.

Slaf-Suzuki-Caulfield
Newhook-Dach-Svech

That's a formidable top-6

We “hope” Demigod (assuming he’s there at 5OA) will become a min 30G player and not shy away from heavy traffic areas at playoff time for a smaller stature player, but it isn’t guaranteed…. and I’ve been on the Demigod bandwagon for a while
Here's what I'm seeing in all this, if a center like Lindstrom, who has great scoring touch, is at 5? I'm not trading the pick for Svech then wonder why we don't have a big frontline center.

Now if you're talking Draisaitl? They can have all our picks this year.

I totally understand. I'm not saying I'd do it if it were me. But if my pro scouts and intel told me Svech is good to go health-wise, unless either (in my opinion) Catton or Demidov is there at 5, I take Svech and run. No way I do it for Iginla or Lindstrom. Adding a winger like him would probably make us a playoff beast as early as next year. And he fits our team age-wise.

Slaf-Suzuki-Caulfield
Newhook-Dach-Svech

That's a formidable top-6
It would not make us a playoff beast next year and our pro scouts don’t have his medical info. But I’d rather have Svetch than Catton.

Reactions: CH1
Back